10

He sat upon the throne, dressed in vile gold robes.  He grinned as if seeing you was the highlight of his life. And knowing him and imagining the amount of torture he probably had already planned for you, it most definitely was.

"There she is. The famous princess. Come closer, your majesty. Right in front of me."

As you walked, your wrists still handcuffed in front of you, you said, "Supreme Leader. It is an honor to finally meet you."

"Is it?" he asked in amusement.

"It is," you replied. You tilted your head and spoke sweetly. "It's always good to put a face to the voice that has been tormenting your fiance for nearly as long as you've known him."

He chuckled, his shoulders shaking. "Oh, dear child. He is not your fiance anymore. Today is the last day of your life. After you are back with the stars, he will wed your younger sister. An alliance will be sealed. And no one will remember who you are." He smiled. "Yet you are not scared."

"No. I am not," you said, holding your chin up high.

"Hm..." He rose from the throne. His eyes darkened. "Kneel."

He took control of your movements. With a grunt, you were forced onto your knees. You never looked away from him. You were not scared, not at all. 

"Soon I will see the fear inside of your eyes, child. Soon you will be screaming for someone to help you, only for no one to come to your aid."

Unbeknownst to the Supreme Leader, your step uncle lay dead on the king's throne. He finally got the seat that he wanted. You finally gave it to him.

Snoke had no idea that his power - that his plan - all of it was falling apart directly in front of him, right under his nose. 

He lifted a hand. Your head rose beyond your control. You felt pressure squeeze against your throat, and you stared directly into his eyes as he lifted you up off of the floor. Your legs dangled uselessly.

He gritted his teeth. "Foolish princess. Pathetic fool. You threw away what you were given by your superiors."

"I... have no superiors," you managed to spit out. "Not even you."

He dropped you in disgust. You fell on your back and winced. 

"Not even me? I am your Supreme Leader even after you die." He laughed. "Now bow before me."

You sucked in a long, deep breath.

"Where is your fear? Don't you know the end for you is near?" And you centered yourself. 

You sat up slowly and stood on your feet. 

"It is your turn," you said, "to bow before me."

While you spoke, the Force moved to paralyze every single guard of Snoke's. They remained frozen in place. You also broke your handcuffs in half, now letting your hands drop freely to your sides.

The Supreme Leader's eyes widened. 

"What?" he whispered. 

"Are you going to fight back, your majesty?" you teased. 

A growl rose out of him as he threw his hand forward. With a swipe of your own, you sent him barreling towards the throne. He fell against it and you held him there, a suffocating weight dropping on top of him. 

"How..." he gasped. "How are you-"

You took the lightsaber out of your boot. It came to life as you pressed down on the switch. You walked up the couple steps and stood directly in front of him. 

"I was taught by Luke Skywalker, Ben Solo, and Alastor," you said. "This power was just handed right to me. You're a fool, Supreme Leader. All of them are fools. Alastor has learned. Now you have learned. Soon, Skywalker will, too." 

With that sentence, and a scream bursting out of your lips, you brought Kylo's lightsaber down onto his chest and yanked downward, ripping through his flesh and bone. He screamed in agony, his mouth stretching open and his spine twisting. 

You turned the lightsaber off. 

And you stood there, gasping to catch your breath. 

As you pulled the lightsaber out of and away from his body with a swift yank, he slumped to the floor in a dead heap. 

/ / /

Kylo was walking across the bridge with Lucielle, her arm hooked with his own. Words could not describe how deeply he despised this woman. She was not clever, she was not strong. She was a coward. 

And he had to marry her tonight. 

As she blabbered on about wedding plans, giving the Commander a harsh headache, Kylo stopped in the center of the bridge. He paused and listened intently; not to her, but to the Force.

A wave of uneasiness had fallen over him.  

She paused. "What is it, Commander?" 

"I sense a disturbance," he said. "Something has happened."

Her red lips stretched into a disgusting smile. "He finally did it, I bet. He finally killed her. Come, my love. We must see."

The thought made his stomach turn. He forced to remain composed as she walked with him to the throne room. 

The last thing he wanted was to see you bleeding on the floor, your heart silent in your chest. 

The last thing he wanted to do was walk in and see you being murdered. 

The last thing he wanted to be was alive. 

He held his breath as they approached the large silver doors to the elevator. When they stood inside and descended, she looked up at him and batted her eyes. 

He completely ignored her. The presence of her at his side was revolting. 

The doors opened and they stepped out. The throne room's doors were closed, and it was silent inside. 

They opened with a long, drawn out hiss

Kylo's heart was in his throat.

Why didn't he do something when they dragged you away? Why did he let them take him away? Why did he allow this to happen to you? 

The girl he loved on that island, that princess he loved in the palace.

They stepped inside, arm in arm. The doors closed behind him. 

And Snoke wasn't on the throne. 

In his place, you were sitting there. And the Supreme Leader was dead at your feet. 

"What is this?" she whispered. "How..."

Kylo stared up at you in awe. Despite a crimson stream of blood coming from where your stitches were, you were untouched and unharmed. 

And he swelled with pride. You had survived and you were here.

His princess.

It took everything inside of him not to rush to you as you rose up from the throne, grasping his lightsaber in your hand. It ignited and the red illuminated against your skin and caught the whites of your eyes.

Dressed in a black nightgown still, hair messy and down your back, gripping his weapon, ready to kill.

You looked dangerous.

You looked beautiful.

"How did you-?" Lucielle gasped in horror. "What did you do?"

You looked straight at your sister and said, "Get on your knees and bow before your Supreme Leader."