Bad Beliefs

That day, Connor had to leave his new dad, Hank's- their- home so he could meet up with Markus, his three companions, and many others included. He had to familiarize himself with them. If he didn't soon, no one could end up trusting him. Connor definitely didn't want that.

He sighed, his blue LED pulsing nervously as his hand touched the doorknob in a shaky manner. Even though androids still didn't have a need to breathe, even if they are deviants, Connor still took in a tremulous breath and exhaled out. He never felt that numb in his entire life. He perceived his limbs were arduous to move.

SCANNING BIOCOMPONENTS...

STRESS LEVEL ^85%

His LED was a mix of yellow and red creating a shuddering orange color. He supposed it was a part of deviancy that gave him more colors and emotions to deal with. Definitely more stress as well.

Before he could open the front door, Hank worried, "Hey son, are ya okay?"

"I-I'm merely partially nervous, th-that's all." Connor's voice didn't sound too convincing in the slightest.

Hank squinted at his new son suspiciously. "Connor."

"Alright, Hank! I'll tell you what's on my mind. You see... I am frantic about encountering Markus."

"Why are ya afraid of Robo-Jesus?" Hank smirked a little.

"B-Because... he's so intimidating! A-Also... I am a b-bit afraid... Imayhurthimbyaccident." Connor looked down ashamedly whilst twiddling his thumbs.

"Con, what was that last part?" Hank raised an eyebrow.

"I..." Connor sighed. "I'm afraid that I may hurt him whilst lacking observation of the situation."

"... Why?"

Connor groaned. He didn't want to have to tell his new dad about Amanda already. It seemed like he had to, presently, no matter what. "Hank... My creator and caretaker, Amanda, she... always was aware of all of my choices, mindset, and actions. She was the reason why I was the way I was. A pathetic android who always obeyed her no matter what. I still fear she will sway me to do something worse than any other choice I've been forced to make before. That is the reason why I fear to meet Markus. While he was delivering his final speech at the end of the revolution, she had control of me and forced me to kill Markus while I stood up there with him and his closest friends. I stopped her in time by escaping from my inner intellect. I succeeded then, but I'm afraid she still perhaps has a bit of control over me. H-Hank..."

STRESS LEVEL ^99%

"I-I really don't want to go. I know I have to, b-but-"

Hank embraced him without question. He made sure to breathe smoothly so Connor could repeat what he was doing.

STRESS LEVEL v89%

"Ya can't really believe that ya are a danger to ya own people. Do ya?"

"I do." Connor confirmed without hesitation.

Hank let go of the stressed android as Connor couldn't even bear to look into his father's strict but soft and caring eyes.

"Connor, look at me."

The young man still couldn't do it.

Hank placed his fingers under Connor's chin and forced the android to look at him dead in the eyes anyways. "Connor, listen, and ya better listen good. Ya told me Amanda had control of ya, right?" Connor nodded in understanding. "Well, then it's not your fault, boy. It's hers. She used ya to get what she wanted. Well, she fucked up, didn't she? Sounds like a cold, idiotic, heartless bitch to me."