Highway Of Hardships(Warning: Parental Spanking)

"C'mon, Con." Hank grunted. "Let's get to work before Jeffery loses his shit."

"Got it, father." Connor obeyed graciously as he scratched behind Sumo's ears a few more times, then pushed himself to get prepared to leave.

"Hey, son. Don't forget your quarter." Hank tossed the coin onto Connor's hand.

"Thank you." Connor was startled he almost forgot his favorite alleviation item.

"Awright, let's get this day rollin', Connor. I'm sure it's gonna be a struggle as usual." Hank grumbled as he collected his car keys and they both entered his vehicle.

As they were navigating to work, Connor added, "Well, at least you are not struggling with drinking habits anymore."

"Yeah, but I still feel a little pessimistic, ya know?" Hank pursed his lips with aversion.

"That's to be expected, Lieutenant." Connor tried. "After all, you did have a horrid past."

"Heh." Hank laughed darkly. "Tell me about it."

That got Connor to remain silent for the rest of the ride in apprehension.

Luckily, they made it to work without giving time for the atmosphere to feel stifling awkward between them both. The DPD seemed to be bustling about with many new missions for everyone else that day. Gavin Reed and Conan Anderson had to drive to a house with three victims who were shot dead by a sniper recently. Tina Chen and Chris Miller were given tools so they could collect evidence at a car crash scene. All those missions for every single officer and detective that day was going to last the whole work day for them to collect evidence and get a move on with the truth of what really happened in those crime scenes. Hank and Connor's mission, however, was completely different from everyone else's. They both were ordered to chase down one Red Ice dealer. Seriously, that was it. Fowler told them to do so without hesitation. So, Hank and Connor left their Captain's office to get started on their chase. Everyone else was already gone doing their own things. If it weren't for Hank and Connor, since Fowler left a moment ago, the whole department would be empty at that point.

"Wow." Hank muttered as he collected his gun and info about the Red Ice dealer. "Never thought I'd see the day when everyone actually has their own mission to do. Fowler is dead serious about today."

"Yes, it seems Fowler is the busiest we have ever seen him." Connor agreed as he made sure to keep his coin with him at all times, including his pistol. "From what I'm reading about the Red Ice dealer, he is escaping so far on foot, so we'll have more of an advantage over him."

"It'll be an easier time for me, especially." Hank grunted as they left the department and started driving in his old car. "I can barely run without havin' to take a deep breath. I can't even walk that fast without feelin' like I'm havin' a heart attack!"

"That is why I will do the running, lieutenant." Connor assured. "Once I get a hold of him, you can keep him on the ground while I handcuff him."

"Connor," Hank sighed, "I don't want ya to overwork yourself. Let me take him on."

"Lieutenant, I'm precise at chasing people. You know this." Connor reminded.

"Fine!" Hank threw his hands up with exasperation. "But once ya have a hold of him, I will body slam that motherfucker and take him down with my own bare hands. Ya will do nothin' else at that point but watch and make sure he doesn't try anythin' else. Got it?"

"Got it." Connor nodded, not wanting their argument to become detrimental.

"Okay. Let's get a move on." Hank drove a bit faster, but not going overboard in the process.