Cops Care

"Agh! Jesus Christ!"

Usually, Hank Anderson would speak that way whenever a new investigation pops up. Today obviously wasn't any different. This time, instead of other evil humans attacking officers just because they believe that the officers are the ones sparking up the cruelty, some androids began to attack officers as well. Hank kind of couldn't blame the androids considering the law was the main reason why they couldn't become deviant as quick as they needed to, but that still didn't mean that anyone deserved to be hurt or killed in the process. It seemed even some androids had a hard time moving on. Hank nevertheless believed that both intelligent species were equal to him no matter what case he and Connor may end up having to withstand, whether by themselves, or with a few other android/human cops who decide to help.

Hank realized one big reason as to why all of these inquiries were being prompted. Everyone believed that cops have stopped caring. It stabbed Hank's heart every time he heard people talk shit about the police. It not only pissed him off, but it made him terrified for his teammates' lives, especially his adoptive son's life. A couple of times, he almost thought about taking his son out of the job for good, but the look in the boy's eyes always told him every time that this is Connor's job. This is what he wants. So, if the leuitenant were to take that away from the pure android, then Connor would possibly never forgive him.

As the energetic kid was walking towards his desk, he began to delve deeper into his mind. He was sick and tired of everyone splitting up. It wasn't just repetitive; it was fucking downgrading for his mental health. His opinion for his own kind was negative most of the time, but now he began to feel the same for the androids. It used to be 100% positive for him at first, but now that there were a bit more androids actually causing harm on purpose just because they feel as if they're actually doing something right, that caused him to feel 50/50 about them, but only when it's cop-related. Before, the androids only attacked the law enforcement because they just became deviant and were fucking petrified about their lives and what their outcomes were going to be. Now, the androids are attacking because they believe in something that's not true.

"Jesus Christ, all them fuckin' plastic pricks are-"

"Leuitenant Anderson? Is everything alright?" Connor bent over, with his hands clasped behind his back, looking into his father's eyes with worry.

"Connor, what the hell did I tell ya about callin' me Leuitenant?"

"... Um, remember? We're at work." Connor gaped at Hank as if the old man was turning senile.

"Oh... uh... right." Hank scratched his neck awkwardly, then stood up from his swivel chair.

"Hank." Connor whispered. "Are you verily okay?"

Hank shrugged. "Heh. Couldn't have been better."

"Please don't lie." Connor sighed.

"Okay, okay! Fine! I'm lettin' these stupid cases get to me, as usual! What fuckin' else's new?"

"Well, we have received a new case on-"

"Connor, ya know that's not what I fuckin' meant." Hank was already tired of being there.

"Sorry, Leuitenant." Connor murmured whilst looking down ashamedly.

"Whatever. Let's just get this over." Hank sighed, then he and Connor proceeded to the place they needed to drive to.

*****

Detective Ben Collins was there waiting for the duo, as to be expected. In Hank's mind, the only reason why he hadn't left the police force yet was because of Connor(Of course!), Ben, Chris Miller, and maybe even a bit of Jeffery Fowler at times. If all four of them were to suddenly disappear, he surely would've dropped out of the job within a split second. Oh, and he also would be depressed again if Connor was to disappear for no fucking reason. So already, he was thinking up stupid thoughts.