Grumps Galore

1.) Stupid Conversations And Headaches.

Morning sun beamed through the curtainless windows as Hank yawned, then held his head in his hand. A piercing headache had appeared once again to kill off any spirit he had left for anything. He made sure to try and calm himself down mentally. He struggled to prevent himself from drinking further, but it really was a hard habit to break. He knew it was unhealthy for not just himself to endure, but for Sumo and Connor as well. Hank was terrified that he could end up hurting them without control and may lose them if he does so. But... he just... couldn't stop... drinking!

He sluggishly got up from his bed, made it in the messiest way possible, then left his bedroom to enter the kitchen. There, Connor was actually attempting to cook breakfast as Sumo sat patiently beside Connor's feet on the floor.

"Connor? What is it you're cookin'?" Hank grumbled whilst rubbing his face.

"Bacon and eggs. It's all for you, father." Connor sounded like he was in a decent mood as he flipped the eggs over with precision.

Hank had to internally admit that he felt a bit better... for now.

"Thanks, son." Hank grunted as he sat on one of the chairs to wait for his breakfast. He never felt as shitty and woozy as he did that exact day. Then, he remembered the reason why he felt so much worse than usual. Sure, he isn't performing Russian Roulette on himself anymore, but he still was technically dying with his drinking problem. He knew that for sure since he finally remembered he drank at least two whole bottles instead of one.

"Oh, Hank!"

"What, Connor?"

"U-Um... are eggs supposed to look completely black?"

"WHAT!?"

The smoke alarm began to beep as Hank's headache started to blossom forth.

"CONNOR! Give me the pan!"

The android swiftly passed it over to his dad without having to think twice.

Indeed, what Hank saw was completely burnt eggs.

"Connor Anderson... how the fuck can you BURN EGGS!?" Hank roared as he slammed the pan down on the table. Connor jumped with alarm.

"I-I don't-"

"SIT THE FUCK DOWN AT THE TABLE! I GUESS I'M GONNA HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING MYSELF TODAY!" Hank hollered as Connor sped to a seat and Hank walked with great speed over to the bacon to see how they turned out. Luckily, the bacon was only crispy. Connor glanced down at the tablecloth, suddenly thinking it interesting for that exact moment. Out of the blue, one single pale blue tear soaked into the cloth. He watched it with fascination for no reason whatsoever.

"It's a good fuckin' thin' I caught the bacon on time, otherwise that could've been fuckin' wasted too." Hank continued his grumpy grumbles as he finally sat with Connor in the dining area.

Connor composed himself before finally attempting to start a conversation. He cleared his throat, then said, "Uh, H-Hank... are you alright?"

All Hank did was shoot Connor a glare.

Connor's eyes averted away from Hank's for a few seconds with blue blush appearing on his cheeks. Soon, he regained the bravery to glance back at his father, then had another tactic, "Father, I know headaches are hard to get through, but-"

"Shut it. Just wait til I'm done eatin'." Hank snapped as he bit into his bacon relentlessly. His dad didn't even look at him once except at that moment when he shouted out 'WHAT!?'.