|35 - Opportunity Of A Lifetime|

|Harper|

It's so beautiful! I have to get it.

Come on, keep running...

Almost there.......

"Baby? Babe?" I heard over and over as I was shaken awake.

Noooo!

Dammit, I was just about to reach the giant glazed donut in my dream.

"Hmmmmmm," I mumbled and turned over, attempting to get back into dreamland.

"It's almost 12. Your meeting is today, remember?" Ethan said and I sat up in a slight panic, "I know you didn't get any rest last night, so I let you sleep in."

"Shit," I pulled the blanket off of myself and got up, "I gotta get ready."

"I made you some-"

"-I'm gonna be late," I grabbed some underclothes from the dresser and was about to head straight to the bathroom, but I felt Ethan's arms wrap around me from behind.

"Relax, Harp, you're not gonna be late," he said near my ear, instantly calming me down, "I wasn't gonna let you be late to something this important."

I turned around in his arms, "How do you do that?"

His lips curled up to the left, "Do what?"

I blushed and clasped my hands around the back of his neck, "You always know what to do to make me feel better."

"What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't try to make you feel better?" God, he was the absolute best. Definitely husband material.

"I love you so much..."

His smile widened, "I love you more. Fuck, you're making me want you to be a little late..." He ran his fingertips underneath my shirt and bit his lip slightly.

I raised a brow, "Quick shower with me?"

"Fuck yes," he smirked, "But I have something else to give you first." I watched as he left our bedroom. He came back with a gift bag in his hand and gave it to me, "I was gonna wait to give this to you on our anniversary, but now feels like a better time."

"Wonder what it is?" I grinned and set the bag on our bed. I reached into it and pulled out a blue jean jacket. It wasn't just any blue jean jacket, though. It had little checkered designs down the middle of the sleeves and the letter 'H' was stitched onto one of the front pockets. "Holy shit, I-"

"Look on the back," Ethan instructed. There was a checkerboard pattern on the back with my skateboard's deck design stitched in. "Khaotic" was wrapping around the skateboard in a pretty and bold font. There were little multicolored hearts and stars sprinkled in around it all. It was fucking beautiful. "I know you said you needed something to match your Vans, and you wanted another jacket. So I just combined the two."

"Ethan, I fucking love it!" I gave him the biggest hug, still clutching my new jacket, "Thank you so much. I'm gonna wear it today."

"I'm glad you like it, baby," he smiled and kissed my forehead, "Come on, you gotta get ready for your big day!"

I pulled away from our embrace to put the jacket on our bed. I took his hand and started pulling him toward the bathroom, "Come get me ready..."

"Keep it up-" Ethan licked his lips and picked me up, "-and you're gonna be very late today."

"I'm not gonna let you last that long," I giggled as he carried me into the bathroom and he smirked before connecting our lips.

_

"That's it right there," I said as Ethan and I approached a big, modern building. The label's name was on the front in big letters and on a fancy sign near a fountain.

Ethan parked in front of the place, "Holy shit. This place is huge."

"The richest record label building I've ever seen," I added and unbuckled my seatbelt. It was also the first record label building that I'd ever seen. Both of us got out of the car and I took a deep breath. "I'm so nervous."

"I can assure that you have nothing to be nervous about, baby."

"What if they don't like the song as much as they did before? What if they turn me down? This is the opportunity of a lifetime," Shit, could I really go in there? I was turning into an anxious wreck right in front of the place.

Ethan turned me to look at him, "Harper, they're gonna like you just as much as before. They'd have to be dumb to turn you down. And even if they did, you're gonna have another label begging for your attention because you're talented and amazing."

I sighed and buried my head in his chest, "What would I do without you?" He didn't speak, he just held me tight and rubbed circles on my back, giving me all the reassurance I needed.

I pulled away and took another deep breath before intertwining our fingers. We walked into the building — which was even nicer inside — and spotted the front desk. The woman, whose name tag read 'Olivia', was seated behind it and smiled as we walked up to her.

"Good afternoon. How may I assist you?" she smiled.

"Good afternoon, I have a meeting with Ms. Townley," I said just as politely.

"Harper Greenwell?" she asked and I nodded. She picked up a phone on the desk and dialed a number, "I have Harper Greenwell here to meet with you... Will do." Olivia hung up the phone, "She'll be out in a moment. You guys are welcome to sit in the waiting area." The woman gestured to the huge sitting area to the right of us.

"Thank you," Ethan and I said and we were about to take our seats.

"My daughter and I love your song, by the way," the receptionist smiled.

"Really?" I asked, caught off guard.

"Yeah, she loves dancing around with me to it. It's her favorite."

Suddenly, it hit me. It hadn't taken 500k views, or the label calling for it to actually hit me. It'd taken one mom and her daughter. If everything went well in the meeting, little encounters like that would become the norm. I'd be known by tons more people and my life as it was would change forever. Was I ready for that?