Chapter 3 - A look in your eyes

2 weeks later
After Aja packed her backpack to help the teachers after school and Varvatos was back in the park to play chess, Krel waited for Mary. A lot of time has passed and Krel and Mary had good conversations. But they never showed that. Especially not at school. It was a secret that Krel was tutoring Mary. Only Aja and Mary's parents knew about it. But everything else kept the two secret. They did not show anyone that they could make friends. As soon as someone was around, they were strangers.

"Do you know little brother ..." began Aja "Since Mary got help from you, she has really gotten better! You really help her!"

Krel helped Aja search things together "Of course! I ... have the feeling that you like the earth and ... that everything is important to you! You feel like someone normal, right? "

Aja nodded "Yes ... I sometimes feel like a normal human girl!"

"But we are not!" said Krel "We are royal Akiridions! We come from another planet we want to return to! And we have other problems than grades and friendship ... our parents are starving, there are bounty hunters coming after us!" He paused and looked at his sister "We want to go home! But ... if you like it, I want you to enjoy the time!" He handed Aja her book and said goodbye "See you later, sister!"

10 minutes later it rang at the door. Krel opened the door "Hello miss!"

For once, Mary did not have her phone in her hand "Hello Krel!"

Krel smiled. She finally knew his name.

She sat down on the couch and Krel too - only this time next to each other. When a phone rang on the table, Krel picked it up because he thought it was his, but when he read the message, he realized that it was not.

"Who is Tight Jeans Hank?" Asked Krel. Mary was startled and took her phone from Krel's hand.

"Nobody...!" Mary answered and read the message.

Krel was not satisfied with the answer and asked again "Is he going to our school?"

"actually... he goes to the competition school" embarrassed Mary rubbed her legs.

"Competition school?" Krel repeated. "and ... why do you have his number and why is he writing you such a kleb?"

"It doesn't matter!" Mary jumped up "Let this be my thing!"

"I should help you!" Krell answered cold.

"But not in my love live!"

"Oh, he's your boyfriend!"

"He was my boyfriend!" Mary clarified.

"I did not know that, I'm sorry!" said Krel

"Don't!, he ... was an idiot!" Mary looked sad

Krel looked at her curiously, as if he wanted her to continue speaking.

"He ... took advantage of me and was often offensive! He ... is an idiot!"

Krel smiled "If I was your boyfriend, I would not be an idiot! I would always be there for you!"

Mary looked surprised at Krel and smiled. Her phone rang. When Mary looked at it, her eyes widened and she sank to the floor, moaning.
"What's the matter?" Krel asked, offering his hand so that she could get up again. She accepted it "Soon someone from my family is getting married and it is a tradition to dance. Waltz? I don't know what all these dances are called!" She looked at the floor ashamed. "Anyway, I have to learn it, but I have no idea about that either."

Do you know anything at all?! Krel remembered his dance lessons and all the galas he'd been to at court.
Then he rolled his eyes inwardly for his next words: I can teach you the dance!

"Oh really?!" asked Mary. Krel wasn't sure if that was joy or wonder in her voice, but he didn't like where it was going. Krel went to the turntable and chose a quiet song. Then he turned back to Mary. He bowed to her and gave her his hand "May I ask for this dance?" Mary grinned and took his hand "With pleasure!"

Everything else followed. They were guided by the music. "You know ..." Krel started "I have to apologize to you." Mary looked at him in wonder "What for?"
"I misjudged you. And I'm very sorry for that." Mary shook her head "No, I should apologize to you! How I treated you is not fair, you didn't deserve it... you didn't deserve how you were treated at school!"
Krel looked briefly at the floor. Rather on his feet so that he doesn't step on Mary's feet. "Well ... I'm just not used to being treated like this."
"But that's how high school life is!" Mary countered, looking confused. Krel bit his lower lip. He just couldn't say anything wrong now.
"You know ... I've never attended school before! You could say that my sister and I were taught at home." Mary looked surprised at Krel "At home? It costs a lot of money!" And again Krel considered the choice of his words carefully. He wants to be honest with her, but not too honest either. "We didn't have to pay anything for it. We had extra employees for it." Ok, that was too much...

"Extra employees?" repeated Mary. Krel considered how he could still save the situation and started with more physical contact and with more action during the dance. "My parents ... had a slightly more respected...job?"
Mary looked confused but Krel had piqued her interest. But surprisingly, she didn't ask any further. Instead, she gave him a warm and understanding smile. As if to say "I understand"
At that moment, Krel's tension vanished. He forgot everything that worried him. And when Mary put her head on his shoulder and comforted him, "I don't know what exactly happened, but I understand what you're going through. Don't worry, you'll got this!" was Krel's only reaction (which was more of a reflex and not well thought out... it just happened) to pull her closer and look her in the eye "Thank you." said the prince in a warm voice.
Mary smiled warmly back. Their faces approached, but then her phone rang. It was her mother "she should come home now, otherwise it will be too late"

Mary said, "I have to go now," she said a bit embarrassed. Krel looked at the clock and nodded "Um... will you..."

"Picked up?" Mary ended his sentence "Yes, I will, but thank you." She looked at Krel again. Then she quickly hugged him and ran to the door and out of the house.

Krel was still completely surprised. "Aw do not be so shy, your Highness!" said mother

"Mother!" Krel was pretty scared. He completely forgot that he would never be alone at home because Mother is always there. After all, she is the home.

"I've downloaded a lot of new data on human emotions, it's really amazing to feel, and you, prince Krel, feels exactly like Mary if she's near you, right?"

Krel looks surprised "Yes .. n-no, I ... do not know!" he stuttered.

The door opened. Aja, Varvatos and Luug came in. "Hello little brother!"

"Varvatos was so close to winning a glorious victory today!" said Varvatos.

The eyes of the four began to shine. They turned black and their pupils blue. Then the camouflage dissolved.

"Come on, little brother!" Aja took Krels four hands in hers "We should go to sleep! Tomorrow we write a test in math."

Krel sighed, "You said yourself that human challenges are easy challenges...! But okay..."