Chapter 14 - The place where I belong

Krel walked through the lightly exposed forest. It was sunset and Aja recommended that if he wants to talk to Mary, he should at least find a nice place for it.
Once when he and Aja were being hunted by bone hunters, they came across this place. From there you have a view of whole of Arcadia. After shaking off the Bone Hunters, the siblings stayed there, sat together on the cliff and looked at Arcadia as it was covered in lights in the night.

"For a dump," Krel said to his sister, "it's really beautiful." Aja smiled and closed her eyes to enjoy the breeze. Back home on Akiridion-5 there was no wind. "Indeed it is." Aja was visibly happy that Krel did not offend the earth for once. When Krel got to the cliff, Mary wasn't there. After making sure he was alone, Krel broke his human cover. There it stood now, lighting up the whole clearing. "Which probably shines brighter?" Krel flinched and when he turned around he found Mary. The Asian-American-teenage-girl smiled as she approached Krel "The stars or you?"

Krel laughed and looked at the floor, embarrassed. Who would have thought? That Krel Tarron, prince and king-in-waiting of Akiridion-5, heir of the throne and of house Tarron, once went out with a human girl. And then of all humans, Mary Wang!
They sat in front of the cliff and looked at Arcadia. Mary looked at Krel. She studied him down to the smallest detail. From the blue, glowing lines in his suit to his black sclera. "The last time I saw you in your natural form was also the first time..." Mary couldn't take her eyes off the Akiridion prince.
Carefully she put her hand on the round, glowing symbol on his chest, and the glow that came from him was reflected in her brown eyes. Then she slowly raised her gaze into Krel's eyes. "The way you are, I love you! This way and no other ...!"
Krel put his hand on Mary's hand, which was still on his chest. "I love you too... just the way you are."
She smiled and laid her head on his chest. They both enjoyed this beautiful moment, this beautiful moment of silence. It didn't take any words. The feelings they felt were enough. Mary looked up at Krel again. She put her left hand on Krel's left shoulder and her right hand on his chest, leaning her head slightly to the right. Krel took her right cheek in his upper right hand, and wrapped his two lower hands around her waist. The action followed. They both closed their eyes and their faces came closer. Then the kiss reached their lips. It was a beautiful and long kiss.
When their lips parted, they looked deep into each other's eyes and Krel couldn't help but kiss her again. He may not be the "relationship type", but that was one of the best things he has ever done. As a prince, Krel had seen a lot, many female fans, met many princesses, but he was never interested and had never been in a relationship.
Then when their lips parted again, they put their foreheads together. They both smiled. That was the first time Krel had done this. It was his first kiss. But not for Mary, right? As if she could read his mind, she closed her eyes and whispered, "I've never had a kiss like yours. My heart has never beat so fast and I've never been as in love as I am with you, Prince Krel Tarron. " At the last sentence she looked him in the eye and said it louder than she spoke before.

Krel looked at Mary. He was so happy that she only found out where he came from after the decision of dating. His royal origins were just a "little bonus" for her. But then a twinge of doubt overcame the prince. And again Mary knew his thoughts "What will happen to us?" she asked.
"When you return to your planet? Are you even allowed to have me as your girlfriend? I-I'm not a princess, have no nobles or royal origins or parents-"

"Hey...!" Krel whispered and took her face in his hands. "I never said that I wanted a princess by my side. And you don't have to be a princess, just because I'm a prince! You don't need to have a royal background either. I love you for who you are and not for who should be by my side. You're perfect."

Krel put a strand of hair that was hanging on Mary's face behind her ear. Then she held his hands" I don't know what to say, Krel... "

"You don't need that either! Let me talk..." he sighs and breathed out "I don't belong here, no matter where I am, I'll always be the prince... the king (in-waiting) of Akiridion- 5. The place where I belong is and will forever be the throne of my planet. But who I am doesn't have to decide what about you or who I am allowed to love. You were born into an urban family on planet earth, but... I see the elegant princess in you every delson."

Mary fell into Krel's arms, "That's the cutest thing you've ever said to me!" At first the prince was visibly surprised (by himself) but he quickly returned the hug with all four arms.
"Wherever you belong, Prince Krel ... It is definitely my side..!"