Chapter Three

Gee tapped her foot in anticipation as she waited by the empty pool for Frank. Her three roommates hadn't cared too much when she'd left without an explanation, but Gee suspected that none of them liked her very much, anyway.

That wasn't unusual for her: social anxiety and the overwhelming urge to push away anyone who tried to talk to her would usually do that. It wasn't that Gee didn't like people; she just couldn't risk anyone getting too close.

It was Gee's first time going somewhere as just Gee.

She had always been transgender Gee, or Gee who used to be Gerard, or Mikey's fag older brother, Gee. But never just as herself, and she couldn't risk fucking it up.

Which is why Gee was completely dumbfounded on the fact she was talking to this boy, Frank Iero. Frank thought she was a girl.

Gee frowned, correcting herself. She was a girl, but she was also a trans girl, and Frank didn't know that.

Which is probably the only reason he's still talking to you, Gee thought unhelpfully.

Frank was cute though, and he was funny, and he was completely and entirely the weirdest person ever. Gee was reminded of his music career, and she pulled out her phone, deciding to Google him.

Frank Iero.

The results came up immediately, showing photo after photo of his face. Frank with a guitar, Frank with some girls, Frank on stage. Gee clicked on the first link, his Instagram. She was immediately hit with Frank's massive amount of followers, and Gee blinked, confused. Eight-hundred thousand. Frank really was famous.

Why had he told Gee he wasn't?

She clicked on his highlights, watching his section for music. There were clips of Frank singing and performing, and Frank writing songs. They were all calm blues tunes until the very end. Frank looked much happier in this one as he hammered on his guitar, eyes closed as he sang loudly. It definitely wasn't blues.

Gee played it again, watching closer this time. It was only then that she heard the giggle in the background as the person filming laughed, and how Frank looked at them with so much joy.

"Don't laugh at me, Patr – " The video cut off.

I wonder if that's Patrick, Gee thought, reminded of Frank's brother. Step-brother? Gee wasn't sure.

Gee looked through Frank's Instagram, scrolling back to years prior, but couldn't find another mentioned of the boy. Strange.

"Stalking me, are you?"

Gee jumped, looking up to see Frank standing behind her. Fuck, she hadn't heard him approach.

"I – No," Gee stammered, before saying accusingly, "I thought you said you weren't famous!"

"And I didn't think the perfect girl existed, so we're equal," Frank shrugged, and Gee resisted the urge to pick up a handful of dirt from the ground chuck it at him.

"Yeah, whatever," She scoffed, unzipping her backpack. "I brought a laptop incase you wanted to – "

"Watch porn?" Frank offered, sitting down next to her, and Gee wrinkled her nose at him.

"I was going to say write things down." Gee said, before pausing. "Do you need to go jack it or something? Is that what's going on? Because I can wait."