Chapter Thirteen

WHY IS THIS CHAPTER SO LONG I SWEAR TO GODDDDDD I THOUGHT THIS WAS A SHORT CHAPTER

Gee sat at breakfast, her elbows resting on the table as she ate. Frank was still asleep, but his two roommates were here, along with the rest of Gee's bunk. Her head was still pounding a bit, but the hangover wasn't too bad.

"Where were you guys yesterday?" A boy asked Ray, and Gee glanced up, curious as to how he would respond. "Both you and Frank were missing the entire day."

"We were recording," Ray smiled, speaking kindly. "But I'm not sure you would like the song, Ryan."

"You were recording with Frank?" Ryan gaped, and Ray shrugged. "Gee was the one singing."

Jamia raised her brows at this, nudging Gee. "When do I get to hear the song?" She asked, and Gee looked down at her plate. "We might be doing the concert at the end of the week."

Jamia looked pretty today, making Gee feel self-conscious.

"No way!" Ryan said, beaming, adding, "Oh, hey, Frank!" as Frank sat down at their table.

"He's alive!" Lindsey exclaimed sarcastically, making Frank snort.

"I didn't see you coming," Gee said in surprise, and Frank hugged her, his face bright with a smile. "They bought it." He whispered in her ear, and Gee frowned at him, confused. "Bought what?"

"The song!" Frank shook her shoulders slightly, practically jumping up and down in his seat with excitement. "My label bought it. We did it!"

"Holy shit, yes!" Gee shouted, suddenly aware of everyone at the table's eyes on her. "Oops, I'll explain – "

"The only thing I want explained is if you two are an item or not." Bob waved his hand lazily between them. "I mean, Toro and I both saw you leaving together last night, and no one was in your bunk but you, Frank . . ."

"Why was no one in your bunk?" Gee turned to Frank. "Were you okay last night? You shouldn't be that drunk and alone."

"Uh, you were the one who made me alone," Frank pointed out. "But yeah, where were you two?" He asked Ray and Ryan.

"I was recording." Ray held up his hands, and Frank turned to Ryan. "Ryan?"

"I was, um, in the bathroom – " Ryan began, but Lindsey cut him off. "He was boning some kid named Brendon."

"Wait, so Ryan got some, but you didn't?" Bob asked, making Ryan squeak and hide his face. "Lindsey!" He mumbled.

"You're gay?" Frank looked at Ryan, who shrugged, not looking up. Gee stiffened. Was Frank homophobic? He hadn't seemed that way earlier, but the way he was looking at Ryan . . .

"Are you two even dating?" Ray asked Gee and Frank, and Frank shrugged, looking at Gee. "Up to you," He said, and Gee was suddenly hyperaware of Jamia staring at her as she smiled and answered, "Sure, why not?"

"Fuck yeah!" Frank punched the air, leaning down to kiss Gee.

"Gross, heteros." Lindsey rolled her eyes, and Gee laughed.

✰✰✰

Gee had just finished a class when she got the second text.

She was walking to her room to grab her charger when her phone buzzed. Gee honestly should have been expecting it. What did she think; the sender was just going to stop after one message? She felt stupid, really, for assuming that the problem was going to fix itself.