Chapter Sixteen

And now we're back to the beginning; where Frank is laying in bed, pillow over his head as he tried not to scream.

Crying was probably more appropriate in this situation, but he was so emotionally exhausted that Frank didn't feel like he could cry. Especially not with Lindsey standing next to him, anyway.

Frank cursed at himself repeatedly for not putting the pieces together on his own. How had he not figured it out? Not wanting to go swimming, being so against sex, asking if he was gay –

None of this was real. None of it fucking existed.

Frank hadn't believed Lindsey at first. Gee? A guy? What a joke. Gee, with her full lips and small waist – and bold personality – Gee was a girl.

But there was no arguing with the evidence. That was Gee in those photos, Gee Way – except she wasn't Gee she was Gerard, and Gerard was definitely not female. And Lindsey had shown him Gee's brother's text that he only had one sibling, and not two – fuck.

"I can't believe he lied to us." Lindsey said, making Frank take the pillow off his face. "It's just so wrong."

"I need to talk to her." Frank said, sitting up.

"You mean him," Lindsey corrected. "He's in my bunk."

Frank nodded, standing up and throwing on a shirt before following Lindsey out the door. He hadn't exactly been planning on leaving his room after everything that happened with Patrick, so Frank was a bit of a mess.

But when Lindsey opened the door to her cabin she gasped, as if she couldn't believe her eyes. "They're – They're not in here!"

"What?" Frank asked, before sighing. "Yeah, Gee probably went to get breakfast."

"No, I locked it!" Lindsey said, shaking her head, and Frank spun to face her. "You locked people in here? Lindsey, what the fuck?"

"I'm on your side!" Lindsey defended herself. "I just thought maybe he'd try and run away – "

"Stop saying he!" Frank didn't know why he was so angry – in fact, he hadn't even realized how worked up he'd gotten until he began shouting. Calling Gee a 'he' just didn't fit. She wasn't a he.

"But Gerard is – "

"I'll find her myself," Frank snapped, turning and stalking off toward the woods. No, Gee hadn't gone to breakfast. Especially if she'd known what Lindsey was going to do. Gee was at the pool.

✰✰✰

Frank's breath caught in his throat when he saw Gee. She was sitting on the pool's edge, feet dangling over, hair falling in her face. Fuck, she was so pretty, but she was also a guy.

Frank stepped out into the open, making Gee's head snap up as she jumped in surprise. Frank could now see her face clearly, and it was obvious she'd been crying.

"Where's the bear?" Frank asked, and Gee tilted her head at him, confused. "What?"

"You look terrified," Frank pointed out. "So, there has to be one."

Gee huffed, smiling. "Stop stealing my jokes," She snorted, before sighing and looking away. "Why are you even here?"

"Because I like you." Frank smiled, walking over to sit across from Gee in the pool so that he was looking up at her. "I don't get it, though. Why didn't you tell me?"

"Why do you think?" Gee swung her feet back and forth, playing with the edge of her shirt. Frank thought it looked nice on her. "You wouldn't see a cute girl; you'd see a freak."

"You're not a freak," Frank said pointedly, standing up and grabbing her hands. Gee pulled away, blinking hard.

"Go away, Frank."

"I'm not going anywhere." Frank said, his hands falling to his sides. He paused, staying silent for a moment before asking, "Are you mad at me?"

"No." Gee shook her head. "Just sad."

"Why?" Frank asked, and Gee looked at him. "Isn't it obvious?" She asked. "I'm sad that I'm not a girl. Then we could have dated, and actually hooked up, and we would have been so normal – "

"You are such a girl." Frank sat next to her, putting an arm over Gee's shoulders and pulling her close. Gee sighed, her back shuddering under Frank.

"You know, this helps my ego a lot." Frank nudged her. "I thought you wouldn't fuck me because I was ugly or something. And in case you were wondering, I have a long dick."

"I bet mine's longer," Gee snorted, before shutting her eyes and groaning. "That was definitely the wrong response." She muttered, and Frank shifted slightly.

"That's just weird to think about," He admitted. "Like, I really can't imagine it."

"Yeah, don't," Gee nodded. Suddenly Frank raised a brow at her, and Gee turned to face him. "What?"

"Have you ever jacked off to me?"

"Frank!" Gee cried, shoving him away. Frank caught himself before he fell, laughing hard. "Oh my God," He said between breaths. "That's such a yes."

"You are literally the worst person I have ever met!" Gee huffed, her face flushed face bright red.

"I used to wonder if people jerked off to me," Frank said. "But I never imagined one of them to be my girlfriend."

"So, you imagine dudes jerking off in your free time?" Gee asked, and Frank kicked some leaves at her. They fell short by a mile. "No!"

Gee was the one laughing now, and Frank grabbed her hands. "Shut up!" He kissed her, and Frank felt her teeth on his lips as she grinned before pulling away as Gee broke into another fit of laughter.

"Are we still doing the concert tonight?" Frank asked, tucking a strand of hair behind Gee's ear. Gee turned to face him, her eyes bright and happy as she smiled.

THE END