Chapter Twelve

Frank laced his fingers with Gee's, giggling stupidly as they sat on the edge of the diving board, their feet dangling off the edge. Frank didn't climb up the old board often, but the beer he'd shared with Gee had given him the confidence he'd needed to do it tonight.

Ray and Bob were still recording, but with nothing left to do, Frank and Gee had left, bringing the alcohol with them. "My stomach hurts," Gee complained, and Frank rolled his eyes. "Something always hurts with you." He retorted, his attention mainly focused on not swaying off the edge. It wasn't too far down to the ground, but definitely enough to hurt.

"I think we kind of rocked," Gee said, and Frank ruffled her hair. "I think you're kind of drunk." He replied, and Gee snorted indignantly. "So, you didn't like the song?"

"No, I loved it." Frank said. "I can't wait until it's done." They sat in silence for a moment, the crying of crickets playing loudly throughout the forest. It was pitch black, with the only light coming from the flashlight on Gee's phone. A cool wind brushed up against his neck, and he bit his lip. Was Gee cold, too? Did she want his jacket?

Frank ran his fingers over the fishnets on Gee's legs, showing through her ripped jeans. Gee giggled. "What are you doing?" She asked, and Frank shrugged. The stockings were hot. Gee was hot.

"There's this concert at the end of camp," Frank said quietly, his eyes not meeting Gee's as he stared down at his hands. "Do you want to do it with me? With our song?"

"Our song?" Gee asked, and Frank nodded. "You did half of it, didn't you?"

"Yeah," Gee murmured, her hands moving to Frank's knees as she leaned forward. "I'd love to."

Frank kissed her.

The second time was better than the first by far as Gee took his face in her hands, moving her jaw slowly against Frank's. The warmth of her mouth was inviting, and Frank's hands drifted down to her waist, running over the small of her back. Without thinking, Frank leaned forward, and Gee had to throw out her hands behind her to keep from falling off. "Watch it!" Her eye's widened as she grabbed the edge of the board, leaning dangerously over the ledge.

"Jesus, sorry," Frank gasped, pulling away from her quickly, allowing for Gee to sit up again.

"Let's go down," Gee stumbled to her feet, rocking for a moment before turning and beginning to descend.

Frank scrambled after her, jumping down the last few rungs of the latter and into the empty pool. "Shit, I'm sorry, Gee. I didn't see – " Frank didn't get to finish as Gee latched back onto him, pushing him against the pool wall.

"Fuck," Frank groaned as Gee slid her hands up his shirt. His legs shifted slightly, and he had to hold onto the wall for support. "I guess you weren't lying entirely about having abs," Gee murmured, her words slightly slurred as she made her way down his stomach.

"Yeah," Frank's tongue felt thick as Gee kissed the space below his navel. Her fingers lingered on the zipper of his jeans. "I – Ugh," Frank didn't think he could form a coherent sentence when Gee stood up suddenly, pressing a kiss to his cheek as she pulled down his shirt.

"We shouldn't do this." Gee said, and Frank blinked at her, confused. His skin felt as if it was burning, and his muscles were tight. "Why not?"

"You've had a lot to drink," She murmured, straightening out her clothes as she grabbed Frank's hand, leading him gently out of the pool. Frank stumbled after her, a puzzled at the sudden change. "Did I do something wrong?" He asked, and Gee shook her head, smiling sadly. Or maybe it wasn't sadly, Frank couldn't tell. Everything was a bit blurry.

"I'm saving it for marriage." Gee said, and this time Frank knew she was joking. "Lies," He teased, and Gee giggled, wrapping her arms around his waist as they started walking the path back to camp. Frank hugged her back hesitantly. "I'm sorry," He said suddenly, and Gee looked up at him, eyes wide. "Don't be sorry." She said seriously, and Frank shook his head, looking away.

"I messed something up, didn't I?" Frank said miserably, and Gee stopped him. "No, Frank. You didn't." She said, and Frank believed her.

"Then, why?" Frank asked as they stood, looking from her to the ground and back. "Why can't we do this?"

"I – " Gee chewed on her bottom lip, grabbing Frank's hand, and they began walking again. "I can't, Frank. Not right now."

"Okay," Frank said quietly, and Gee glanced over. "Really?" She asked, and Frank nodded. "Yeah," he said. "I mean, I'm a little drunk right now, but I think it's fine." Frank could see the lights from his cabin now, and he looked at Gee. Her pale skin, her light hair – She was beautiful.

"I love you, Gee," He whispered as they reached his steps, and Gee laughed, rubbing her shoulder against him. "I think you need to take a shower and jerk off." She grinned, making Frank laugh. "Great idea."

calvin & hobbes by tough on grease is a radical song.

also school is NOT hyping me up yikes

i have this fic that i wrote over a year ago and idk if i should put it on wattpad now or rewrite it. like its kind of corny right now, but its not like, on crack?? idfkzdg

vote for spider rights