Chapter 8

Five days had slowly gone by the doctor’s confirmed that Harry was in a coma and they didn’t know when he would wake up. Management had cancelled the UK tour for obvious reasons and the fans were more than supportive they were all worried for Harry hoping he would get better. Louis had spent every night since the accident at the hospital sitting in the chair next to Harry’s bed unable to go to sleep cause he knew as soon as he closed his eyes he would see Harry get hit by the car over and over again and every time he would never make it in time to get him out of the way so instead he sits in the chair or leans against the wall staring at Harry waiting for those amazing eyes to open but they don’t, they stay closed. Liam, Niall and Zayn would come to see Harry everyday they would stay all day and help Anne out with anything she needed, they helped her put her bags in Harry and Louis’s apartment but she had only slept there once, every other night she would sleep at the hospital on the couch by the window in his room. Gemma visits everyday when Liam, Niall and Zayn do.

“Louis you have get some sleep.” Liam begs him

“I will, I’ll sleep tonight.” Louis lied

“Where Louis? Come on we will drive you back home and you can sleep in your own bed.” Suggested Niall

“No I’ll be fine here. I’ll sleep in a chair.” Louis gestures to the chairs in the room.

“Don’t lie Louis you won’t go to sleep, but you really need to.” Said Niall

“I can’t go to sleep! What if he wakes up!” Louis yells at them trying to hold back a yawn.

Niall and Liam look at each other not sure what to say when Zayn speaks from behind them, they were unaware he was awake it was 11.30pm and he had fallen asleep hours ago.

“I’ll stay here tonight while you sleep on the couch.”

“No I will be- ”

“And if Harry wakes up while you’re asleep I will wake you straight away.” Zayn adds

Louis tried to protest but soon gave in. Liam and Niall took Anne and Gemma back home to Harry and Louis’s apartment and are bringing them back in the morning.

The others had just left but Zayn could see Louis in the chair and his eyes looked like they were getting heavier and heavier by the minute he must have been so tried Zayn thought to himself, he was tired and he had, had some sleep but Louis has had hardly any.

Louis lets out a yawn.

“Just get some sleep Lou.” Zayn said

“No I’m not tired.” He answered back then looks over at Harry resting his head against the back of the chair he was sitting in.  

“You could’ve fooled me.” Zayn said out loud to himself, he watched as Louis’s eyes slowly shut. Zayn walks over to him putting the grey blanket that was on the couch around Louis’s curled up body.

Louis wakes up to find a blanket around him and Caroline Flack sitting quietly on one of the chairs looking at Harry who was still not awake. Zayn must have left the hospital and gone home which made Louis annoyed Zayn promised he would stay and wake Louis if Harry woke up, but he was too pissed off at Caroline for coming to the hospital and soon forgot about Zayn. Caroline and Harry hadn’t spoken for awhile then she decides shows up at the hospital? Louis knew that Harry liked her and Louis was jealous of that, jealous of her, Louis had never really liked Caroline ever since they first meet her Louis knew she wanted Harry but she was 15 years older than Harry, it would never work between them it was too big of an age difference.

Louis hadn’t moved when he woke up so Caroline still thought he was asleep when Zayn walks into the room carrying a cup full of what Louis presumed was coffee, he hands it to her and she takes a small sip then wraps her hands around the warm glass.