Chapter 9

Louis pulls his lips away from Harry’s “I love you.” He confessed in a low voice.

Louis turns around quickly as he has the feeling that someone was standing behind him watching, he turns to find Zayn standing uncomfortably in the door of Harry’s room. Louis’s face went as pale as a ghosts, someone now knows what he’s been trying to hide, the thing that has put Harry in the hospital. He didn’t know what he was going to say to Harry when he woke up remembering Louis’s confession of love for him, so what was he suppose to say to Zayn?

“I… I came to see if you… you wanted us to get you anything to eat or drink,” Zayn weakly says avoiding Louis’s eyes. “But.”

Zayn didn’t know what to say, he turned around and walked down the corridor.  

Louis was left standing in the hospital room looking at the door way trying to decide weather to chase after Zayn to try to explain and lie about what he just saw Louis do and say but how could he explain what just happened? He couldn’t. 

-o-

“Have you seen Zayn?” Niall asks as he walks into the room with Liam following in behind, both carrying food from the hospital café. Louis slightly shakes his head.“No.” he lied

“Really? He said he was coming back here to ask you what you wanted to eat and that was like 10 minutes ago.” Liam said putting a drink on the table beside Louis.

“I haven’t seen him.” Louis lied again.

During the night Louis went from watching Harry peacefully lying in the hospital bed to watching Niall who was awkwardly asleep in a chair by the door to watching Liam who was in deep sleep on the couch, every now and then he would make a small snoring noise. Anne was still awake sitting in the chair beside Louis, they had the odd conversation but they mainly sat in silence watching Harry and the other boys. Anne drifted off to sleep in the early hours of the morning.

As the nurse was leaving the room in the late morning after checking up on Harry, Zayn walks in carrying two brown bags with MacDonalds in them.

“Who wants breakfast?” Zayn starts handing out food to everyone.

Louis takes his quietly not looking at Zayn and sits back down in his chair. For once Louis actually eats all of his food, over the last week he hasn’t really felt like eating but today he didn’t want to bring attention to himself especially if Zayn was around him. Niall took his food with a smile on his face, glad that he didn’t have to eat hospital food from the café again for breakfast. They sat there eating and talking Liam asked Zayn where he went last night, Zayn lied saying he had something he had to do but that’s what he brought breakfast for, to make up for suddenly leaving and everyone believed him.

Louis sat there eating wondering when Zayn will tell everyone about what happened last night hoping that he wouldn’t tell them, hoping he never talks about it to Louis or the others Louis hoped he would just forget he ever saw anything. But Louis knows Zayn won’t forget about it because the whole time they all sat and ate breakfast Zayn didn’t take his eyes off Louis.

Louis had just finished eating and stood up stretching his arms out.

“Where are you off to?” Asks Zayn rising from the chair he was sitting in.

“To the toilet?” Louis answered defensively

“Good, I need to go too.” Zayn said, he had been waiting to talk to Louis alone and this was the perfect time.  

Louis slowly washed his hands and Zayn stood leaning against the wall beside the sinks.

“Don’t you need to go anymore?” Louis sarcastically asked him