Chapter 16

——————-

——————-

It's the next day as I wake up to my alarm. I groan as I roll on the other side of my bed and cover my ears with my pillow. "Ugh." I say and turn off my alarm. I get up and start to get ready for work.

Once I was done I went to the kitchen as I noticed a bag. I looked at the object confused until I remembered Chan left it here. "Oh shoot. I should probably give it to him." I say to myself as I grab the bag. I push back my messy hair as I try to see what's inside. I slowly look towards the bag until my phone interrups me.

I place the bag back on my counter and I go grab my phone. I turn off my second alarm as I saw the time and started to rush when I realized I was going to be late. I grabbed my things and before I headed out I looked at the bag Chan left and quickly grabbed it and took it with me in my car.

—————
I make it to work and see the cafe filled with people like always. I make my way to the back as I put on my apron and get right to work. Soon it was almost closing time and I started to clean the tables. Meanwhile the rest of the workers cleaned up the dishes. "Felix!" One of the workers says. I turn around and respond with "yeah?"

"Can you help me clean this up please?" I nod my head and walk towards her. "You're new right? This is like your second week working here?" The worker asks.

"Yeah, I don't think we have met, hi I'm Felix." I say with a bright smile.

"Taeyeong. I've worked here for a few months now." She says as she scratched the back of her neck shyly.

"I'm assuming you're from Australia based on your accent." Taeyeong started to laugh softy.

"Yeah, I am." I said with a smile. We shook hands. I continued to help Taeyeong clean up the tables. Once we finished I put the cleaning supplies away as Taeyeong followed me along.  I took off my apron and so did she, "Well it was nice meeting you, I hope we become good friends." I said.

"Yeah totally! It was great meeting you." She smiled. "But wait-" she continues before I head off. "Tomorrow me and some of the workers from here are going to go eat and possibly do karaoke. If you want, you can join us. It'll be fun, we'll all get to know you better!" She said excitely.

I hesitated to say yes but we only live once and this would be a great opportunity to make friends and get to know the people I work with. "Sure." I respond.

"Great! I'll give you my number." She grabs a pen and a piece of paper and starts to write down her number. "Text me and I'll give you the address, we'll have dinner at 6 !" I nod my head and place the paper in my pocket. "One question though." I say.

"Hm?"

"Can I invite one of my friends?"

"Yeah sure! The more the merrier!" She smiles brightly. "Well see you tomorrow night!"

I smile. "Alright, see you tomorrow, take care!" I walk out and head to my car. As I drive home, I notice I still have Chan's bag with me. I grab my phone and call him.

[ Phone call: ]

Chan:
Hello?

Felix:
Hey, you left your bag at my house. Come pick it up.

Chan:
No I didn't— OH SHIT I DID.

Felix:
Idiot.

Chan:
Hey! Leave me alone. Whatever you do please don't look in the bag.

Felix:
And what if I do? Kehe

Chan:
Felix, I'm serious.

Felix:
Fineee, you're lucky I'm nice.

Chan:
I'll come pick it up. Bye, see you in a bit.

Felix:
Bye~

[ End of Call ]

I finally make it home as I see Chan already there waiting for me. "Wow you're ear-"

"Where's the bag." Chan cuts me off. "Chill, it's right here." I hand it to him.

"Thanks."

"Wanna head inside?" I ask.

"Sure." He shrugs his shoulders as we start to walk to my apartment. We enter inside as we both sat on the couch. Chan started playing with my hair as I laid my head on his lap.

"How was work?" He asked. I struggled to keep my eyes opened since the feeling of someone playing with my hair was so relaxing. But I managed to stay awake and answer the question, "It was nice, I think I made a friend."

"Ouu who?"

"This girl named Taeyeong." I continued. "She invited me to join her and some of the workers at my job to go eat dinner tomorrow night."

"Oh cool." Chan response.

"I asked her if I could bring a friend and she said yes so , are you busy tomorrow?"

"I don't know, I feel like I'm going to ruin it since I don't even work there. They'll just think I'm a random dude."

"No I promise you'll be fine, they're super nice people. You'll be okay." I look up at Chan. He smiles. "Fine, I'll go." He says. "Yay!" I say excitedly. "By the way it's at 6." I say. He nods his head. "Okay then."

He continues to play with my hair as we watch a movie. We both slowly fall asleep. I smile knowing the fact I get to live moments like this with my best friend.

Author:
Oh my gosh, it's been a while, sorry for taking forever to post a chapter I've been busy but I finally had the chance to write. Thank you for all the support on this mini story , it's crazy to think people actually enjoy reading my cringey stories. Anyway, I already have the next chapter in mind so hopefully I'll post it soon. Sorry for the long wait on this chapter. Love you all and yeah
:(( <33.

- *