jerzdays : boris pavlikovsky

DISCLAIMER !
THIS IS A SCENE THAT HAPPENED IN THE BOOK BUT OBVIOUSLY YOU WEREN'T INVOLVED. NOR WAS THERE A GIRL.

theo's p.o.v

i groaned as i heard a knock at the door. "boris i gotta call you back. someone's at the door." i said to which he quickly replied "the door?!"
"yes you idiot, the door." i snapped and hung up walking over to the door, stopping to look at myself in the mirror to make sure i looked sober just in case it was my dad or someone important. i picked up popper who was yapping his head off and tucked him under my shoulder.

i opened the door to see a smiling man with a white sports jacket over a red cowboy shirt with pearl snaps and black jeans.

"hey kiddo!" he said wayy too happily. he had an accent which i quickly identified as jersey.

"er, hey?" i said in more of a questioning tone.

"is your dad home?" he asked, not looking at me anymore but instead he was looking behind me inside my house.

"no, he's not." i said, rubbing my eyes as i looked up at him.

"do you know when he'll be in?" he asked, looking around trying to see if he could spot any sign of him.

"no, i don't sir." i replied to which him he smiled.

"sir, look at chu. they don't make many like you anymore." he said to me and a smiled awkwardly. "put em down, i love dogs. i have two little bastards at home. wreck the house when we're away." he said as i put popper down. he bent down and patted popchik on the head and i couldn't help but notice how much he looked like a cowboy bending down over a fire, boots and all.

the phone was ringing and i figured it was boris.

"you should go answer that." the man said, looking inside to see if he could see the phone.

"no it's-" i started but he cut me off. "no really, it might be important."

i sighed and turned on my heel, walking over to the phone.

"boris i ca-" "what if kotku's cheating on me? i saw her leave with... i forgot his name but she left with him so that's all that matters!"

"i can't talk right now!" i hissed at him, hanging up and walking back over to the man.

"i'm going to guess that wasn't your dad." he replied, arm pressed against the doorway and leaning slightly.

"no sir." i said no longer looking at him but looking past him to the white cadillac that was parked out side. the back window was rolled down and there was a girl sitting there, black shades on her face and sucking on a lollipop.

"you would tell me if that was him wouldn't you?"

"yes sir." i replied, still focused on the girl who was staring at me, or at least i think she was.

"then how come i don't believe you?" he asked and my focus went straight back to him. it was dead quiet and when i finally decided to say something he cut me off. "excuse my manners i forgot to introduce myself. i'm naaman silver."