The Russian Chapter

The flight was an uncomfortable one. Dean's nervousness had gotten the better of him, so he was hangover during the whole trip. Jordan hadn't been nervous, but was also hungover. Reason? She couldn't let her buddy drink alone.

Lan spent the entire flight hurling insults at them, to the point of scaring all the other passengers.

Sean was quiet the entire time, as usual.

Don spent the flight deep in thought. He figured that his new ability couldn't be much different from his old one, and worked on testing it. As he touched the airplane seat, he focused on taking parts of it into himself, as he would when adding a person's appearance to his collection. His hand slowly turned into the same fabric as the seat. He flexed his fingers a bit, testing to see what they could do. Normally, they wouldn't be able to do a thing, being made of polyurethane foam as they were, but they functioned just as well as hir normal ones. Of course, there wasn't any use in keeping that bit of material in his collection, so he discarded it as his hand returned to normal.

'Do I get five materials and five people, or just five in general? Can materials even be memorized? That's gotta be the case; I wasn't touching metal before grabbing that knife.'

To no one's surprise, Dean had to go puke several times, so Don decided he'd just hold his business in.

A few hours later, the plane landed. Dean's stomach started turning again as they touched the ground, so he had to run to the bathroom once more.

"Idiot," Lan hissed as he passed her.

They got off the plane, then waited a few hours to collect their stuff.

"All this modern tech, and no one thought to improve airports?" Jordan complained, clearly in a better state than Dean. "Hey, boss, where are we staying?"

Sean started walking like he knew his way around, and the others followed. Dean was trailing behind, and since Don didn't feel like waiting, he grabbed the man's tie and started dragging him along, making him go faster.

"I'm nervous," Dean admitted. "What if he's my brother or something?"

"Dean, he looks just like you."

"Exactly! He might be my brother."

Don was getting annoyed. "Dean, he looks exactly like you."

"I heard you the first time, Donnie. You get that he might be my brother, right?"

"For the love of God, Dean; He is definitely your brother!"

Dean blinked dumbly. "You think?"

Don let go of his tie and walked up to the others, completely willing to let his colleague get lost.

The lot of them walked up to a dark-skinned man holding up a sign that said "Helter Skelter over here". A van was parked behind him.

"You the ones?" the man asked as Sean approached him.

"Yes. I'm Sean Serious, and these idiots work for me."

"What'd I do?" Don whined. "Not all of us are idiots, you know."

"I agree."

"Thank you very much."

"Lan can be smart sometimes."

The girl smirked at the face Don made.

"I'm Jason Farley. Mister Unbound told me to be your driver while you're here," said the stranger, then gestured toward the van. "If you will."