In the Zone

It took the group a few hours to set everything up. First, they raided Erin's supplies and took as many pills for Don as they could. They also took some clothes and enough food to get them to Novosibirsk. Then they contacted Unbound, and let him know what they had learned. Normally it would've been impossible to get a signal out there, but Erin had had a satellite tower built into the walls of the building.

Finally, they found as many flammable substances as they could find, then spread them all over the building. Once everyone was safely outside, Jordan lit the match, then high-tailed it out of there.

"We'll find her someday, too," said Don as they watched the funeral pyre. "Right?"

Nobody replied. Each one was dealing with their own issues.

Dean had learned nothing about his brother, and found out his lover was an ancient banshee with a sadistic streak.

Jordan had been forced to let a strange man touch her again. She came out stronger than before, but still needed some time to process everything.

Lan had been asleep for most of it, then got herself possessed by an evil genius. Her brain hurt a lot, as did her pride.

Sean was trying to ignore the voices which continued urging him to feed, knowing he would be a threat to everyone around him if he gave in.

It hadn't been a fun trip for anyone involved.

Things only got worse when the intensity of the snow increased.

Sean took one whiff of the cold air, and knew what was happening. "We can't rest yet."

The group turned around, and came face to face with Dimitri, Val and Shen.

It was Dean's first time seeing his brother. Dimitri himself had never actually stared into the other's eyes. Both the similarities and differences were there, on full display. Both were tall, blond, blue-eyed and handsome, but Dean had a certain type of passion about him, whereas Dimitri looked like a fresh corpse.

As the two brothers stared each other down, Val and Don got into a similar position, but with a lot more animosity.

Shen and Jordan both looked ready to run.

"We need to talk," Dean finally said, not backing down from the blizzard.

Dimitri nodded, then started walking away.

"I'm going with you," Sean stated, leaving no room for a question.

Dean protested, "I can take care of myself."

"No, you can't; Not against him."

"I'm not asking you, Sean."

"I'm not giving you the chance to, Dean."

A massive wall of ice erupted between the two, separating them. Dimitri had done it without even raising his hands, proving himself far stronger now that he was in cold weather. "If anyone interrupts us, I'll kill you all."

"Don't worry, Dim," said Val, smirking as she took a confident step forward. "I'll keep them all here."

"Or die trying," Don added, then whispered to Jordan, "Be ready to mess her up as soon as it looks like I might lose."

Dimitri and Dean strolled away, as the fight between Val and Don broke out. Sean tried to get in between them, but his bloodlust nearly sent him after Don, after which he backed away.

The girl sent small explosions across the snow as Don ran across it. "I've been touching the shit out of this place while we waited for you pansies to finally show some sort of weakness. You ain't beating me a second time, you punk."