Lights Out

Knowing he had to deal with the misguided fools who'd attacked him personally, Omen left his base and strolled through the palace. Upon stepping out, he saw what had become of Split; The city was now just a recent memory. He couldn't see anyone else at first, so he simply started walking around, knowing they would come to him.

It was over. The drug had been perfected. He won. Of course he did; It was always going to end in such a way. The mighty won, and the weak bent down and knelt before their betters. Omen had no better, so this was the natural conclusion. The young woman had been their only hope, and now she was dead, and there was nothing to worry about.

A geyser of water erupted from the ground and flew toward him. As an aura of light surrounded Omen, the world slowed down, his senses sharpening to the point of keeping up with light itself. He took a few steps to the side, and the water passed him by harmlessly.

"So you have revealed the fool within as well, John," he said calmly, looking at one of his former acolytes. "How disappointing."

John Brody spat out some blood, then wiped it from his lips. "Nah, I just finally found some balls. Needed to have the lesson beaten into me, as it turns out. Man, I can't believe I couldn't tell you were a rotten cunt the moment we met."

In an instant, Omen passed him by, slashing with a sword of light. One of John's legs went flying as he screamed, then hit the ground.

'One fool down.'

"W-Where the fuck you think you goin'?" asked John, so Omen stopped and looked back at the worthless creature. He looks so pathetic, all bruised and bloody. Clearly, he wasn't worthy of living in the new world. "Get back 'ere and fight me."

Omen smiled. "That isn't going to happen. It is beneath gods to step on maggots." Clearly, John would die either way. Even if he didn't, he posed no threat. No one posed a threat to Omen. He was far too great.

The ground at his feet shifted suddenly, and he found himself being swallowed by it. No enemy he'd anticipated possessed such a vapor, but it didn't matter. Omen pointed a finger at the ground, and a beam of light pierced it, shattering it around his feet. After that, all he had to do was lift himself off the ground, controlling the light surrounding him.

The ground bent upward in the form of multiple spikes, each big enough to tear a hole through an elephant. As they approached Omen, the light around him expanded and destroyed them all. Finally, he realized who his opponent was.

"You should surrender now, Don Dellinger. Your gift is one befitting a god of the new world."

Don simply popped his head above the ground, the rest of his body having blended with it. "Let's not do the whole villainous speech thing. I'm real fuckin' tired."

Omen shrugged, then replied, "Have it your way." Pointing two fingers at the ground, he fired a continuous beam of light, and used it to cut a circle deep into the road. Next, he swung a whip at it, letting it embed right next to Don's head. With that done, he just pulled, and the stone in which Don's body resided was pull into the air, cutting off the other's access to the entirety of Split's ground. Hovering over to the rock, Omen placed a hand on it, then let it crumble apart beneath his power. At the last moment, Don flew out of the rock, aiming a kick at Omen's head. He simply caught the younger man's leg, then held him upside down.

"Last chance," he said.

Don leaned closer to his leg, then bit it hard.

Hissing, Omen violently threw him at the ground. Don saw stars as many of his bones cracked, both his legs and an arm bending an unnatural angles. Several of his ribs broke, and one of them pierced his lungs. He coughed out a ton of blood, and suspected he was about to die.