Operation Mongoose

Dean was the last to arrive at Sean's house, full of both worry for his brother and loathing for himself. If he hadn't been spending so much time getting to know Dimitri, he might've seen something was wrong.

"How is he?" he asked as he ran into the house, not bothering to ring or knock. Jordan was pacing around, while Don just sat there. "Where is he? How's he doing?"

"We don't know," answered Don. "Lan's been at it for hours. After he bit her, she managed to put him under. She's still working on him."

Dean felt like he needed to punch something. "What the fuck happened?"

"It was that blond cunt," Jordan piped in. "She fucked with his brain somehow."

Dean immediately turned around, deciding to make himself useful.

"Where are you going?" asked Don.

"Erin had some kind of shit going on with Omen. Maybe Dimitri knows where she is."

"Then we're coming with you."

"No, Sean needs someone-"

"He has Lan," Don explained, unwilling to budge. "What's your plan after you get the info? Go after Erin alone? You'll be dead before you can open your mouth."

Jordan picked up Sean's phone. "I'll stay with Lan in case he wakes up, and I'll let Unbound know what's happening. He might be able to help." She went into another room to hold the conversation.

Dean grunted. "Don, let's go."

They walked over to the office, Dean being too frustrated to sit peacefully. "I'm gonna kill her. She pushed it too far. I'm gonna fucking kill her."

"Not if I get to her first," Don added. "And I think I know how."

They went down into the basement, and Dimitri seemed to immediately know something was off. He was wearing white clothes Dean had bought him, since no one trusted him to let him go shopping, and he'd refused to wear Dean's suits.

"What do you know about Erin?" asked Dean, getting closer than Don was comfortable with.

Dimitri replied without moving an inch, making him look like a statue. "Erin Gorgon was the leading scientist of the ERF, where she attempted to find a way to create espers. She had a partnership with Omen, as they both sought the same thing, albeit for different reasons. She-"

"We know all that already," Dean interrupted. "What about her hideouts? Where would she be right now?"

"She has labs all over the world. There's no way to tell in which one she is."

Dean cursed, then started walking around the basement.

Realizing his friend was too distraught to ask the right questions, Don swallowed his fear of their prisoner, and spoke, "I'm pretty sure she's using her vapor to mess with Sean's head. The body is full of electromagnetic signals, right? She's doing something to his brain."

Dimitri looked at him. "You trust me with that information?"

"Fuck no. I'm just telling you that she's gotta be close enough to use her vapor. No one has global reach. What's the closest lab she's got?"

It took Dimitri a moment to recollect. "Lavia. It's why John and I were there. We were retrieving a briefcase for her."

Finally, some good news. "Where in Lavia?"

Dimitri's glanced went back to Dean, who nodded. "Under a condition."

Don groaned. "You want us to fuckin' trust you? No conditions. Our friend is in danger, and you know how to help."