At the End of the Tunnel

Omen put on his white mask, then calmly started walking down the street. He knew where Unbound was; The man was strong enough to be felt even miles away. Omen couldn't wait for a rematch. If anyone in this world could fight him on even footing, it was Unbound. Nobody else stood a chance. Nobody else was worthy.

All his life, Omen had excelled at everything he'd tried. From sports to academics, from social interaction to strategy. He could hack a government worker's computer by the time he was five. He'd surpassed his parents in everything before even starting school. Extremely intelligent, as well as good looking, he had the world at his feet. On top of that, he had a unique power. It allowed him to create and control light, and highlighted the differences between him and those who weren't him even more. He was better than them.

Still, even though he was clearly better, others had begun to hate him from the moment he'd started manifesting his powers. People who'd once eaten out of the palm of his hand started to fear and hate him. His own parents had gone from adoration and awe to fear and regret.

But none of them had ever tried to do anything about it.

They knew they couldn't, Omen realized. Everyone knew how strong he was. Nobody dared to challenge him. This allowed him to do whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted, and so the truth became clear to him; Power is all that matters.

Omen knew what his purpose was. He would reshape the world, and reestablish a new food chain, with him at the top. Those like Dimitri would be beneath him, and trash like regular people would be beneath those like Dimitri.

That had been his plan at first, but then he met Erin Gorgon, and the woman's research changed his mind. Why let humans remain weak when they could all be strong? The woman had shown him a way to turn everyone into an esper, and Omen knew that was humanity's destiny. He had taken the pills from her, then started creating espers. Their numbers had increased from hundreds to thousands in months, but that wasn't enough. For the perfect world, which would be perfectly governed by him, the only perfect being, he knew every single person would have to be an esper, and they would have to push their vapors to their limits, and make them evolve.

It would take a while, since a vapor only evolved if a parent of the esper in question was an esper as well.

Omen had taken Erin's research on the esper-creating pills, and found an esper that could make him live long enough to make his vision, which was the only absolute truth, a reality. Only one thing stood in his way, and he regretted being forced to get rid of it.

Unbound,

Unbound was the only man alive who rivaled him in all areas. From intelligence to vapor, they were evenly matched. Omen loved the feeling of being in danger, which only happened around Unbound. Nothing else could possibly injure him.

Still, for the sake of a better world, he knew he'd have to get rid of that thrill, and kill Unbound. The man wanted to make everyone equal. The weak and the strong, both equal in rights? Ridiculous. The weak, unwashed masses deserved nothing. They could all die out, and the world would be better for it. The only reason Omen hadn't gotten rid of them already was that it was their genes that would give rise to the future generations of espers, leading to a better world.

And so he calmly walked over to Unbound, ready for his one last thrill, as well as the most important step towards a better future, with him at the top. When the people saw their hero dying at the hands of an esper criminal, they would surely revolt, and flock to Father Omen's side. He would welcome them, and take them in, then butcher them as well, leading to even more people joining what they believed to be his cause. Those would die as well, and the wheel would keep spinning until the world realized power was what mattered.