*Chapter 5*

Sam patted the stool, gesturing for me to hop up. I sigh and did as told, jumping up on the stool. "Okay first hook your foot in the stirrup then pull yourself up, flinging your right foot over. Once done, hook your other foot in." Sam ordered and I nodded, noting everything.

I let out a shaky breath and put in my foot before pushing myself up, over the horse. I hooked in my other foot and clutched the front of the saddle tightly. "Good. Calm down though. You don't want to stress the horse as well." Sam said and I took in deep breaths.

Sam walked a little closer and grabbed my hand, as well as the leash. I blushed a little but hid it and payed attention. He slipped the leash under my pointer finger as well as my pinky. "Okay, gently clasp it as it is." Sam ordered and I clenched my fist.

He walked to the other side and did the same, glancing up at me at times. "Now as we walk, gently pull at the leash in the direction you want your horse to go." Sam said, looking away from me.

He walked over to his horse and hopped on casually. He sent me a small smile before ordering his horse to move. Sam clicked his tongue and my horse suddenly began walking making me squeak in surprise.

Sam laughed lightly and in this moment, he looked beautiful. The sunset's light shown down on his face as his white teeth appeared and his ocean eyes sparkled. He smiled and rode a little faster, my horse following after.

Eventually, we reach a long patch of golden wheat and stare of into the distance. As I was observing the sun set, a loud neigh escaped from my horse and he suddenly started trotting fast.

"Shit!" I shrieked as my hands slipped off the leash and I was bucked off. I rolled down in the wheat patch, being engulfed by the golden grass. "Colby!" Sam yelped and the trotting of my horse fainted into the distance.

I heard hurried shuffling before Sam's footsteps approached. "Hey, hey, hey you okay?" Sam asked, eyebrows furrowed as he gently sat me up. I nodded, holding my head in pain. My wrist was aching madly and my body ached from the harsh landing.

"W-What happened?" I asked as Sam carefully stood me up. "My horse got mad and kicked your horse, catching it off guard. I'm sorry Colby." Sam explained guiltily. "I-It's alright Sam. I'm o-okay." I assured as I ignored the seething pain in my wrist.

"Let's get you back home." Sam sighed and walked us up the patch. It wasn't too steep so it was an easy climb. "Here. Stay with my horse while I go grab yours." Sam said and I nodded, taking the leash from him.

With that, Sam hurried off in the direction of my horse.

-
I sighed in relief spotting Sam trotting over with my horse. He hopped off and walked over. "You'll have to ride my horse. It'll take too long if we go on foot." Sam explained sighing and I nodded.

"Okay." I said, exhaustion suddenly taking over my body. I walked over to the horse and slipped my foot in the stirrup. I tried pulling myself up, whimpering in pain as I tried to hold on with my injured hand.

"Shit." Sam muttered and caught me before I could hit the ground. "T-Thank you." I whispered standing up straight. "Hook in your foot." Sam said and I hooked my foot in the stirrup. He placed his hands on my waist and counted to three before pushing me up.

I grabbed the leash with my left hand and panted lightly. "You good?" He asked and I nodded. He walked over to my horse and hopped on before clicking his tongue. My horse started walking and caught up to Sam's, walking at the same pace as we headed home.