Chapter 1: Catching an Armed Mugger

It was a sunny morning in Adventure Bay. The birds were chirping as boats set sail on the calm seas. But of course, no matter how beautiful the day was, there was always someone in the need of help.

"Paw Patrol! To the Lookout!" Ryder said through the pups collar tags.

"Ryder needs us!" All the pups said at the same time. As usual, everyone got to the elevator with Marshall accidentally crashing into them. The all laughed as the elevator started to rise. They went from giggling in a pile to standing in a line with their uniforms on.

"Paw Patrol ready for action Ryder sir!" Chase said strongly and he sat up straight.

"Thanks for coming so fast pups. We have a mugger on the lose with Mayor Goodway's purse! We must catch him and return the Mayor's purse at once. Chase, I need you track down the mugger and catch him with your net."

"Chase is on the case!"

"Skye, I need you to be ready with your helicopter to lift the net up and carry him to jail. Chase will race over to the jail and inform the mayor while also returning her purse."

"Let's take to the sky!"

"Alright! Paw Patrol is on a roll!" Ryder chanted before he and the two pups made their way to their vehicles.

------------------------------------------------------------

Chase drove fast while sniffing the air for the scent of Mayor Goodway. He would follow the weaker scent because that would be the purse and not the actual mayor. Chase slowed down when he caught the smell. He felt it getting weaker so he sped up again. He turned a corner and found the mugger running away. Chase went even faster so the mugger would turn down an ally. A dead end. The mugger turned around and saw the police pup jump out of his truck and slowly close in.

"Hey! Stay back!" He yelled as he pulled out a knife. 

"Woah! Calm down, sir! I'm sure we can figure this out." Chase said, trying to reason with the man. But the mugger just walked closer to the pup with his knife aimed. He lunged forward but Chase released his net and caught the man.

Chase winced slightly and saw a small cut on his left paw. Not to bad, he thought. "Skye, muggers been caught. Come in for pick up!" He said through his pup tag to Skye. 

"On my way Chase!" She replied. A few seconds later Skye was hovering above Chase as she pulled the man up in the net. 

"I'll meet you at the jail!" Chase said. Skye nodded and made her way towards to the jail.

Chase looked down to his left paw and tried to walk on it. But he just whimpered more. "Just some rest and it'll heal." He said to himself. He gently walked over to his truck and sped to the jail. Thank goodness for cars.

Chase reached the jail and jumped out of his truck. He held in yelps of pain. A few other people helped with getting the man handcuffed. He was successfully brought into jail and locked up with no troubles. Chase stood by his truck for support. Ryder came up to him.

"Well done Chase. You caught the mugger all by yourself!"

"Thanks Ryder. But Skye brought him to jail."

"That's true. But you tracked him down, cornered him and caught him. All by yourself! I'm proud of you. Did you get hurt at all?"

Chase flinched. "Uh.. nope! Totally fine Ryder sir!"

"You sure? You know you can tell me when you're hurt. You can always ask for help."

"Yep, I know. But don't worry. I'm fine."

"Okay, then. Meet back at the Lookout with the other pups for some rest. Skye's already there."

"Yes sir, Ryder sir!" I'm gonna need it.