Chapter 2: Secret Mission Details

Chase drove up to the Lookout while Ryder drove into his bike space and went up to the top. Chase parked his car and met with the other pups. He tried his best to cover his limping. "Hey Chase!" Marshall called as he ran towards his best friend. The other pups looked over and joined them.

"That was amazing!" Rubble complimented.

"You sure do have a great sniffer!" Zuma mentioned.

"And you caught him without a scratch!" Marshall exclaimed.

Chase laughed nervously. "Thanks guys but Skye took him to jail." He noted.

"Yeah, but only after you caught him!" Skye explained. Chase gave a half smile before he looked down to his left paw for a second. 

"You okay Chase?" Rocky asked. 

"Huh? Oh uh-" Chase was about to answer before he got a call from his pup tag. Only his. 

"Chase, come to the Lookout!" Ryder yelled. Chase immediately ran into the elevator. He went up into the Lookout and met with Ryder. 

"Ready for action Ryder sir! But, if you don't mind me asking, why did you only call me?" Ryder was making notes before he looked over to his police pup.

"Because this task will be quite dangerous and I didn't want the other pups to worry. But I know you have the skills to complete it." He answered.

Chase looked at him with some worry but blinked and stood strong. "Whatever it is, I'm in." He said.

"Good. Now, the mission is that there's a man in a cave over the bridge who's planning to rob the bank. We heard that the plan to rob the bank is tonight. And he seems to have weapons. A gun, a knife, but we're still not sure. It would be to dangerous to go into the cave and catch him because that's where all his weapons are. But when he goes to rob the bank, he can one carry so much. So, your mission is to be ready inside the banks foyer and once he enters, you call me. I'll be outside the actual vault. Once he's inside, you press a button under the front dress that locks the front doors, so he's trapped. Then I'll come out with my tranquilizer and try to reason with him but it's that doesn't work then I'll shoot him to knock him out. You have one too, just in case. Got it?"

"Yes sir. I'm ready."

"You never fail to make me proud, Chase. Now go get some sleep before the mission. I'll tell the other pups what's going on. But I won't tell them everything."

"Thanks Ryder." Chase said before he took the elevator down and went into his pup house. The other pups stopped playing when they saw him enter. A small limp. 

"Pups, to the Lookout." Ryder said seriously. All the pups, except Chase, got into the elevator without any accidents. They reached the top and walked instead of their normal jumps.

"Why isn't Chase with us?" Rubble asked.

"Chase has to rest." Ryder answered as he continued to stare at his notes.

"Rest? Is he hurt?" Marshall asked worried.

"No, he's totally fine. He just has a very important mission later tonight so he's taking a nap."

"Can we help?" Zuma asked.

"Sorry, pups. But this mission is just for Chase and I. He'll be fine. We're just keeping an eye on the bank for the night. Nothing too dangerous. But until then, you guys just need to keep an eye on him and make sure he's resting." Ryder asked. All the pups nodded and agreed to help. 

"Uh, Ryder?" A pup interrupted. 

"Yeah, Rocky?" Ryder replied. 

"When Chase got back to his pup house, he was limping a little. Do you think anything wrong?" Rocky asked.

"Well, I didn't see him limping but I'll definitely check him before tonight." Ryder noted. He definitely didn't want Chase going into this dangerous mission if he was injured.