Chapter 11: Chase Is, And Always Will Be, On The Case

Chase drove as fast as he could towards the robber's cave with the map he memorised from the Lookout presentation screen. It helped that he already had it mostly memorised from the last time Ryder showed it to him. He eventually made it into the woods heard aggressive voices from up ahead. He drove even faster and saw his friends surrounded by the adult robbers. But there was an extra person. Another criminal that had obviously escaped the jail back in Adventure Bay. He was faced away, so Chase couldn't determine exactly who he was.

He continued on his course nonetheless when he saw the front man with a knife getting closer to Ryder. He parked abruptly, leaped down and quickly ran over to the guy in front of Ryder and knocked him down.

"Chase!" Ryder exclaimed worriedly yet happily. Chase didn't stop as he got a better view of the man and looked him in the eye. He knew who he was. It was the mugger he caught the day his paw was cut.

The rest of the pups cheered and caught the other robbers as they watched in fear. They had no weapons, they were defenceless. Sure, the pups were young, but they had more equipment than them. As each of the muggers were caught, Ryder shot each of them with his tranquilliser.

Meanwhile, Chase fought against the mugger on the ground and bit his arm. Blood instantly flowed out of the open wound. The man threw Chase off of him and began to run without his knife, only for Ryder to shot him too. Everyone cheered as their victory became clear. Chase stood up and stared at the fallen man.

"Well done, Chase!" Marshall complimented. Chase sighed and slowly turned around with a limp. Their victory was cut short as each of their smiles fell and gasps escaped their mouths. "CHASE!" Marshal screamed at the sight of the muggers knife, deep in Chase's stomach. He ran over to his friend as Chase's eyes closed and his legs gave out. He collapsed on the ground and slowly lost consciousness. Marshall cried as he froze beside him. Ryder rested Chase's head on his lap and told Marshall what to do.

"Marshall! We have to bring him to the vet, now!" He ordered and Marshall shook his head and snapped back to reality. Marshall and Ryder brought Chase to the vet as fast as they could, their friends staying by the cave until help arrived to take the criminals back to prison.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Chase's eyes blinked a few times in effort to clear his blurred vision. The sensation of a soft material spread over his paws, part of his face, and his stomach. His stomach! Chase immediately tried to look at the last place he remembered being injured, but not remembering how. He grunted roughly as he gently relaxed again after the searing pain eventually faded.

"Chase!" Gentle voices exclaimed around him from high and low. Ryder and Katie's voices could be heard above him, obviously due to their height. Most of his friends' voices came from below him. Except one, which came from just beside him, Marshall. Marshall sat next to him, large eyes bags were visible underneath the black and white pup's eyes. 

"We're very proud of what you did, Chase. How are you feeling?" Ryder asked as he sat in a chair next to the small vet bed that laid on a lowish countertop. 

"Definitely not hungry." Chase smiled. 

"That's a first." Zuma commented, causing a laugh to escape from everyone. 

"Did you get all of them? Are you guys hurt?" Chase asked quickly as he remembered what happened. 

"Everyone's fine, thanks to you." Marhsall complimented with a smile. 

Chase smiled back, happy that his friends, well, his family were okay. "When can I go home?" He asked Ryder. 

"The vet said you could go after a few more hours. She just wants to see how you go until she thinks you're able to go home." Ryder explained. 

"Well, I am kind of tired." Chase admitted. 

"That's normal after just coming out of surgery." Marshall noted. 

"I had surgery?!" Chase asked frantically. 

"But everything went well!" Katie mentioned as she walked over to the other side of him to try and calm him down so he wouldn't rip out his stitches. "You'll be going home in no time, trust me." 

"You got stabbed in your belly, remember?" Zuma reminded Chase out of the blue. The police pup panicked, causing the others to point slight glares at the chocolate labrador. 

"What?!" He exclaimed as he looked down to see stitches spreading across his stomach. "That's what happened?!"

"You gotta be careful not to rip out the stitches, Chase." Marshall tried to say calmly. Chase slowly calmed down as his panting reverted back to normal. 

"We'll stay here with you until the vet gives you the all-clear." Rubble suggested. The others instantly nodded as they took their spots on the ground around the counter that Chase stayed on. Marshall stayed in his spot beside his best friend. 

"Thanks guys. How long was I asleep?" Chase asked. 

"A few days. Marshall insisted on not leaving, saying that he wanted to be there when you woke up." Ryder mentioned. Chase looked to Marshall, only now noticing how big his eye bags really were. 

"I think we both need some more sleep then." Chase laughed. 

"I think so too." Marshall agreed. 

------------------------------------------------------------

The members of the Paw Patrol went home after a few more hours of Chase having to stay until he was given the all-clear by the vet and got bandages wrapped around his abdomen. When he was told the news the he could go home, he immediately stood up as fast as he could, which wasn't very fast, and walked over to Ryder for him to carry him out. Chase rode in Marshall's truck, internally begging them to go faster every second of the trip home. 

Once they got back to the Lookout, Chase and Marshall instantly went over to their beds. Minutes later, both of them were asleep right next to each other. Smiles plastered on their faces as they both knew that through everything that had happened to Chase, their friendship would pull through stronger than before. 

A/N

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed! No parings were included throughout the story, just some best friend bromance between Chase and Marshall :)