c.s.y - almost

Seungyoun already caught Y/N teary eyed as she forced herself to laugh, quickly wiping her tears.

"Y/N what's wrong?" he placed her hand down gently.

Never in his life that his heart was torn apart this easily.

She vigorously shook her head with a nervous laugh,"It's just that- It's been a while since someone took care of me when I'm sick, it feels nostalgic"

"Is that so" he put up a smile, but he knew that wasn't all of it.

He knew something had happened.

But he didn't know what it was.

"You miss your mother?" Seungyoun absentmindedly asked. Y/N immediately stopped chewing her food, it felt like it's been eternity since someone asked her that.

All she needed was to swallow, but there was a huge lump in her throat.

The air was tense. Breathing seemed impossible.

Did I go too far Seungyoun carefully examined her expression.

She faked a cough to break the tension,"Who doesn't?" followed by a chuckle,"Being sick makes you think of your family"

He hummed in agreement and once again, the room is silent.

"Seungyoun" the girl called his name.

Little did he know, he wished time would stop so he can listen to her calling his name all day.

"Is it okay if I ask you personal questions?" she fiddled with her fingers, earnestly looking into his eyes.

"Anything"

Who knew asking questions would be this nerve-wrecking she gulped.

"Why did you agree.... to this arrangement?"

"Because I wanted to"

"But why? I mean you don't get anything out of it and you've lived with different people... Yet you're- I mean what about your girlfriend?"

She nibbled her bottom lip with guilt,"She must be mad"

"Curiosity kills you know" he gave her a playful grin.

Y/N stopped herself mid-sentence, realizing how impolite her questions were,"Sorry"

"Stop saying sorry, Y/N. You aren't doing anything wrong"

Like you know anything she said to herself.

"And I don't know where you get the reference from but I don't have one" he continued,"Don't have what?"

"Girlfriend"

He doesn't?

Y/N blinked her eyes rapidly,"So I was confused that day when you just left the studio and never said a word since"

"I figured that was your assumption and you didn't even bother asking me" he joked in a mocking tone.

"I'm really sorry..." she quietly apologized, hanging her head low.

Seungyoun's hand paused mid air, pulling it back to his lap.

What am I doing? he shook his head.

"Isn't it the same for you too?" he returned the question,"What do you mean?"

"The reason you agreed"

Y/N pondered to herself, eyes landed on the desk, with a frame of her family.

Mother, father and sister.