c.s.y - hope

He pulled me close like we've been apart.

His heartbeat sprinted miles, it was crystal clear in my ear.

"What's wrong?"

I hesitated, but soon my arms were wrapped around him.

#Author's POV

Despite the heaviness in his stomach, he never felt so relieved to hold her so close, to feel her warmth, knowing that she was alright.

Y/N was as puzzled as ever but didn't let go. She knew there was something that triggered him.

"Seungyoun..."

"Would you stop doing anything reckless?"

Her lips slightly parted. Clearly, she's not following up.

"One second I lost you and you got yourself into trouble" his arms loosened, letting out a forced chuckle.

"Well it's not my fault that girly came into our place"

"I mean your place" she sulked, putting distance between them.

"You're not hurt?" Y/N shook her head; watching him staring at the small cut that surfaced on her cheek. Her mind itched to ask,"Aren't you mad?"

A frown formed on his forehead.

"I probably failed your debut didn't I, seeing your songwriter furious like that and how the room turned so sickening because of me— and I almost hurt your friend too..." she clenched her first in guilt, regret washes over her.

Seungyoun cleared his throat,"Well just make sure that next time this happens—"

"I should just shut up I know..." she fiddled with her fingers awkwardly.

"No" he gently responded,"You should be more confident "

Her eyes finally met his in astonishment, she wasn't sure if he was being serious or sarcastic, but she knew it was the least from the second option.

"You know which one is right or wrong and I've been with you enough to know your judgement so be brave when you say it"

"I trust you" he continued, levelling his gaze to hers.

"I do too..." she quietly mumbled, but loud enough to let him hear it.

Silence stretched across the room, one misunderstanding is cleared.

"—and just to let you know, that woman is not my acquaintance"

"She's not? Then, who...?"

A troubled look clouded his face, Seungyoun was contemplating whether it was the right time or not, he didn't want to hurt her feelings.

He is not a man of the past, he'd rather forget it.

Forget about being timid, Y/N reached out to his hand. For her she didn't care who the woman was, for as long as she can take the pain away, just by so much.

"Seungyoun, look" she carefully took his hand, unfolding his palm.

His eyes bounced to her and their hands, perplexed.

"I want you to continue making music using this. You've made songs, beautiful music that comforted a lot of people. Against the prejudice and the criticism of being an underground musician"

"You've worked harder than anyone else for the past 6 years and yet... You are starting all over again with new hope, new persona, new concept, new music. I don't know how you still had the courage to despite having to fall so much so what I'm saying is—"

"I want you to be happy, Seungyoun" her sincere gaze ignites the hope within him.

"Reading your music made me realize-- just like everyone else you deserved being happy and loved" she traced Cho Seung Youn on his palm, reassuring her presence.

Seungyoun was caught stunned, but stops himself before it was noticeable.

"So whatever is bothering you— Though I cant help much, I want to help"

They stood still, staring at each other.

Seungyoun was busy searching for possible motives in her eyes, but it was no use.

Y/N wasn't just going to back down from his intimidating gaze.

That's it.

I lost he sighed, a defeated smile formed on his lips,"Come here" he pulled her to his bed, facing each other.

"She was the girl I told you about"

"My ex-girlfriend"

Y/N calmly nodded,"Well... She was an ex for some reason am I right"

Seungyoun chortled, barely stopping himself,"You are tougher than I thought"

"I know" she proudly grinned, but then it quickly faded upon an idea in mind.

"Does it still hurt you?" she carefully asked, turning to him.

"Not at all, it never did. Boy I was glad" he let out a relieved sigh, tossing his back on the bed.

He looked up to the ceiling with millions of thoughts running in his head.

I hope she doesn't return he closed his eyes, dissipating his worry.

"Seungyoun" he hummed, sitting back up.

"If she ever bothers you again, let me know"

"What will you do if she does?" Seungyoun curiously asked, teasing her.

She stopped by the door, looked back to him with a playful smugness.

"What else is there?" she shrugged.

"I'll make you feel better of course"

-------------------------------------------------—-

let me be kind for once and post something short, yes? anyone still reading?

no? ok.

- author.