Chapter 5-Sleep is nice some nights...

I sat in my Dad's hut, leaning back against the chair, "You said that Dumbledore is gonna tell me?"

Dad nodded, "Ye gotta promis' not to freak out."

I looked up, "Why?"

'Who could my birth-parents be that would cause me to freak out?' I thought, squirming in my seat uneasily.

The huts door opened slowly with a squeak and Dumbledore stepped inside. My heart beat faster within the cage that is my chest as he sat down in front me, right next to Dad. The room was silent for a few moments.

"Who are they?" Dad asked quietly.

I looked to him, my heart stopping for a moment. 'He doesn't know who they are?'

"Rose, your full name is Remember Rose," Dumbledore paused for a moment, "Black."

"What," I said. There was no way-

"Your Sirius' sister," He said, "His twin actually."

"S-Sirius?" I took a shaky breath in a attempt to calm down, "Does he know? That I'm his twin?"

Dumbledore shook his head, "If he knew your first name was Remember he probably would figure it out."

"I don't want him to," I say stubbornly, "He might hate me. He'd ask his mum and dad why they got rid of me. They'd probably say I didn't exist or tell him," I looked down at my lap, fidgeting, "Or they'd take me way from my dad."

"I assure you, as long as you don't tell him, he won't figure it out," Dumbledore said.

"Sirius isn't stupid," I said, "I'll tell him once I know I can trust him with that secret."

_________________________________________

'Remember Rose Black,' My old full name echoed in my head that night while I was trying to sleep as the boys fooled around, 'R.R.B.'

"Rose?"

I sat up in my bed, "Yeah James?"

"Come help us plan a prank?" He asked, his head poking though the opening in the curtains.

"Sure."

I moved the curtains around my bed and sat criss-cross, "So what have you guys got so far?"

"Well," Sirius said running a hand though his indigo black hair, "We wanna do something that involves a bunch of owls flying though the Great Hall during breakfast."

"Remus thought we could use owl treats to lure them. I still think it's a good idea,"James said. Peter nodded vigorously in agreement.

"How many owls are we talking 'bout?" I asked.

"All of them," Peter said.

"That would be like, a million treats, and a lot of bird shite," I said with a grin, "Why don't we use a illusion charm and charm a bunch of airplanes to look like owls?"

Remus' eyes lit up at that, "Yeah, and we can make them turn back into air planes at the end. It can say inside the paper if you unfold it, 'Hoo Hoo, the Marauders that's who.'"

I laughed, "That's a great idea!'

James and Sirius high fived with matching grins and Peter clapped his hands in excitement.

"Mischief Managed!" Sirius cheered.

"Mischief Managed!" I repeated, "I like that!"

"Let's get some sleep and then we can plan this for like, Friday," James said.

"Night," Sirius yawned and leaped into his bed, not even bothering to get under the covers. James rolled his eyes and got into his own bed.

"Night Rose," Peter yawned, falling asleep almost instantly.

Remus smiled at me, "Good Night, Rose."

"Night Remus," I yawned and pulled the curtains around me.

_____________________________________

"Rose! Get up your gonna be- AHH!"

I tackled James to the ground, my hands around his neck while I shook him like a rag doll, "What. Did.I.Tell.You.About.Waking.Me.UP!"

"P-p-please! ROSE!" James wailed.

Remus sighed and fixed his hair, flattening it in the front, "If you make James cry I'm going to make you clean the dorm."

I got up and kicked James in the side and using my wand to automatically change into my school clothes, "Someone with better reflexes would be great."

"Remus,"James groaned as he got up, "You're dealing with her tomorrow."

I pulled my bag over my shoulder and messed up Remus' hair on my way out, "Ill see you guys at lunch- I'm skipping breakfast."

Remus fixed his hair in annoyance, "Sure see ya."

_______________________________________

"Did you hear? First though fourth years get a Halloween ball!" Shouted a sixth year Hufflepuff, her arms crossed over her chest,"Its so unfair."

'A ball?' I thought as I walked, 'Really?'

"Hey Rose! Guess what!" Peter yelled as I sat down next to Remus.

I put my hands over my ears a little to late as I tried to regain my sense of thought, "Jeez don't yell. Some of us have sensitive ears."

"Sorry," Peter mumbled, "But we get a Halloween ball this year!"

I grabbed a ham sandwich of one of the plates, "So?" I asked and took a bite.

"So we can do our prank at the ball!"

James and Sirius slapped their hands over his mouth so fast Peter almost fell over.

"Shut up," The both snapped and grinned at each other.

My muggle watch beeped and I got up, "I have to go, uh, see my dad."

I felt Remus' eyes on me the whole way out of the hall. The feeling never left as I headed to the hospital wing.

_________~_________~____________________

"Your twin actually."

I ignored that thought,and lowered my head as I destroyed Sirius in wizards chess.

"Checkmate," I sighed. The little figurine smashed the opposing figurine.

"Why are you so good at this?" Sirius whined and threw his head back, "It's not fair."

"It's your turn to wake her up," James called from the other side of the room to Remus, "I don't need another black eye."

"I didn't even hit your eye," I said with a roll of my eyes, "Don't be such a wuss."

"I'm not a wuss!" James wailed.

"Yes, you are," Remus and I said at the same time. James crossed his arms and pouted.

"So, what's your family like?" I asked Sirius suddenly. I mentally slapped myself.

Sirius looked mildly surprised,"Uh, well their bloody gits, why do you ask?"

"Er- no reason. Just curious that's all," I said.

Remus didn't look like he believed me, but I ignored it.

"I'm gonna go to bed, see you guys in the morning," James yawned. He got up, stretched and went off to the dorm.

"Me too," Peter said and walked up after James.

"I'm gonna shower, and then head to bed, night guys," Sirius muttered and sluggishly walked up stairs. I was about to excuse myself as well when Remus spoke.

"Can I talk to you?"

"Uh sure," I said. I plopped down next to him on the couch, "What's up?"

Remus looked me right in the eyes and bluntly asked the most heart stopping sentence of my life, "Are you a werewolf?"