Chapter 6-PETER!

"Are you a werewolf?"

"Sorry," I whispered to the blue eyed first year,"Sorry I didn't-"

"You killed me!" He screeched, "I had a life and you killed me!"

"I'm sorry!" I cried, "I'm sorry! I'm so, so sorry!"

"You killed me," He snarled, "You know what they say- a eye for a eye, a life for a life."

"Please!" I cried.

He started to sing in a wail, "Remember won't be remembered! Remember won't be remembered!"

"Rose get up."

"What?" I cried, and started pushing away from the hands that tried to strangle me.

"Rose!"

I gasped, looking straight into Remus' amber eyes, "I'm sorry."

"What?" Remus asked, looking bewildered.

"Nothing," I said quickly and sat up, "What time is it?"

"Midnight," Remus replied and sat next to me on my bed. We sat silently for a moment.

"You want to talk about it?" Remus asked.

"No," I said immediately.

Remus hesitated for a moment,"You sure?"

I nodded, "Sorry I woke you up."

"You didn't," Remus muttered, "I couldn't sleep."

"Why not?" I asked.

Remus shook his head, "Look, just go back to sleep. I'll tell you in the morning."

"Rem-" I stared but he already climbed into his own bed, and pulled the covers over his own head.

I sighed and closed my eyes again, hoping to fall back asleep.

"Rose get-"
I leaped out of bed, expecting to tackle who ever was waking me up, and beat them senseless-

Crash!

"Ow," I whined, getting up from the cold stone floor, rubbing my jaw. I snickered at the sight of Sirius' and James' furious looks.

"Remus has just got better reflexes," I sang and muttered the spell to change into my robes.

"Stupid girls," James muttered as he and Sirius left the dorm, with Peter trailing behind them. Remus and I walked side by side behind them.

"Great reflexes huh?" Remus muttered with a smile.

I smacked him hard on the back, making him stumble forwards a bit, "Yup."

"Git."

"Prat."

"Shut it you two!" Sirius laughed as we entered the Great Hall. I gasped in a stunned silence. I have been at Hogwarts for, well, eight years now, and have seen some crazy and wonderful things. But never like this. The staff casted spells along the Great Hall, preparing it for the ball. Pumpkins floated above the staff table, sparkling from the candles inside them.
"This is amazing aunt Minnie!" I called to her, gaining a few laughs from the staff table.

"I told you not to call me that during school!" She called half-heartedly.

"You know you love it!" I called. She rolled her eyes and continued to cast the spells over the Great Hall. We headed to the back of the hall. Remus muttered a quite spell and a faint purple glowing circle appeared above him.

"Cool," Sirius said and brushed his hair back a hand. He pulled a bag out of his pocket, which held a thousand mini paper airplanes, and threw it into the circle.

"This is gonna be sick,"James said with a wide grin. I muttered another spell under my breathe, and the circle disappeared.

I turned to the boys, "The code word is F-L-U-F-F to set off the release charm."

Peter frowned,"Why is fluff-"

"Peter!" We all shouted as a thousand paper airplanes shot out of the circle. We all ducked as they flew though the Great Hall. Flitwick flew off a stack of books he had been standing on with a yelp. Minnie's eyes widened and she casted a quick Proteco around herself and the other teachers.

The airplanes changed into owls as they flew by and I smacked Peter hard on the back of his head, "You bloody idiot!"

Peter looked his feet as the airplanes slowly burned to ashes and showered the hall.

"Rose Hagrid!" Aunt Minnie screeched.
__________________________________________________
"I can't believe you did this! Rose don't you remember telling me that you wouldn't start Pranking again till holidays!" Aunt Minnie bellowed, pacing back and fourth in her office with us seated in front of her. James snickered and she turned on him.
"Detention! All of you will have detention with Filch for the rest of the month! Mr.Lupin and Rose on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Pettigrew, Black and Potter every other day!"

"What!" James and Sirius cried. I looked at her with frightened eyes and I could feel myself shaking.

"But-"

"No buts!"

But the full moon is next Thursday, I thought, and you gave me detention with Remus!

I looked down to my feet, my hands clenched tightly at my side. I could feel the warm liquid seep between my fingers.

"Now off to bed," She snapped and stormed out of her office.
James and Sirius glared at Peter, "Really?"

"Sorry," He muttered.

"Don't be mad at him," I said and looked to Remus, "I'm going for a walk, I'll see you in a bit."

"Wait, I'll come with you," James said. I nodded and he followed me out towards the lake.

"You shouldn't clench your hands like that," James said.
I unclenched them and winced at the blood filled crescent moons in my palms.

"Jeez Rose," James said, his eyes wide,"How did you do that?"

"I'll tell you someday," I replied and sat down next to the lake.

"why not now?" James asked and sat down beside me, picking up and flat stone.

"your not ready for the truth yet," I said uneasily.

James seemed to nod to himself and he chucked the stone across the lake; it skipped seven times.

He smiled at me, "Can you skip?"

I shook my head,"My dad tried to show me but I don't have and lot of patience and neither does he."

James snorted, "I'll show you."
___________________________
If liked the chapter, please tap or click the lovely little star!
Comment when you want to start working on the next chapter!