Part 1

Screaming

That's the only sound that was heard throughout the two bedroom apartment. Mrs Hughes had just gone into labor and her contractions where insufferable. She had awoken her husband who immediately pulled out the pistol his close friend Howard Stark produced for him. In one swift yet hurried motion, the gun was removed from under the pillow and in the hands of the professional marksmen. The man was frightened that he and his wife where under attack.

"Robert, it's ok, it's just me." Mrs Hughes reassured her husband even though the woman was in extreme pain. "Jesus Christ Joan, you scared the shit out of me." Robert said putting the pistol back into it's place under his pillow. "Sorry dear it's just, AUGH." Joan tried to say but was cut off by a painful grunt. "I think it's time." She told her husband squeezing her eyes shut; trying to keep her breathing under control. It was 8:30 pm on December 23, 1945 and Y/n Hughes decided it was her time to get out of her mother's womb. "I'll get everything ready." Robert said then proceeded to kiss his wife on the forehead, get dressed, holster his pistol, and call Howard.

Within 30 minutes Jarvis was waiting downstairs for the couple with the car running. Joan and Robert made their way from the 3rd floor to the car. "Hello Mrs and Mr Hughes, is it her time?" Jarvis asked politely as he opened the back door for Joan to get in with assistance from her husband. "Yes, she couldn't have picked a better time either." Joan said kind of sarcastically as the men got into the car. Many grunts of pain came from Joan, a few whines too with a scrunched up face. The woman was tough, horrifically tough if you where to ask her husband and family. Not only physically but mentally, nothing anyone said got to that woman she was a powerhouse. Robert also was extremely tough physically and mentally, but the man was usually stone cold with a resting bitch face and solid build. However, Joan brought out the fun loving side of him and his daughter to be certainly would too.

The ride to the hospital was slow due to the snowy weather in Brooklyn and small amount of traffic. Joan was taken to the delivery room while Robert waited with Jarvis in a separate hospital room. The men waited patiently for Joan and Y/n to be brought in but they didn't show up. Instead a doctor walked in, covered in blood and a sad look on his face. The man had just came out of the delivery room. "I'm sorry to inform you Mr Hughes, but your wife didn't make it." He paused to let Robert process what he was told. The man balled up his fists and clenched his jaw to prevent himself from crying. His wife, his beautiful sweet angel of a wife was gone. No more of her gorgeous smile that could light up the room, no more of her contagious laugh, no more of her random urges to dance with him, no more of her beautiful singing, but more importantly no more Joan Y/n Hughes. Robert was absolutely shattered and heartbroken. Jarvis looked down at the floor, sure he didn't really know Joan but she was a sweet strong woman that he did admire. "Your daughter however is perfectly healthy and cleaned up. I just need a name for the young doll." The doctor said to Robert trying to give the shattered man hope. "Y/n." Robert said firmly, not looking up from the floor and trying not to show much emotion. Although distraught about his wife he was beyond ecstatic you where healthy and alive. Originally you where going to be named Carol but your father decided at that moment it needed to be Y/n instead, Joan's middle name. "Gorgeous name sir." The doctor complimented then left the room.

A few weeks later a tired Robert walked around his apartment, 26 day old daughter in his arms. He picked up the ringing phone as his daughter looking at him lovingly. "Hughes." Robert said into the phone trying not to sound tired. "Robert it's me. I need you to do some things for me in Russia." Howard said from the other side of the phone. "No Stark, I can't. I have little Y/n to take care of." Robert said to his friend. Your dad didn't like the idea of leaving you out of his sights. "Yeah, I know. I can fly you both to where I need you. Don't worry I have everything set up. Security will be at the house you're staying at and Jarvis will be in charge of Y/n while you are gone." Howard said and waited for Robert to respond. It took Robert two minutes to think about his choices. Either get paid so you could live a good life, or stay in the apartment without earning any income. "Fine." Robert said with a sigh. "Perfect, Jarvis is outside I knew I could count on ya!" Howard said then hung up. Robert could hear the smile in the man's voice. "Well, to Russia we go plum." Your father said to you then packed a duffle bag of clothes for you both, hopefully you both wouldn't be there long.