Part 16

(The picture above of the World Trade Center is one I took. I basically had to lay on the ground to get it. Please acknowledge it 😂 that day was freezing cold and windy. Anyway, enjoy the part.)

(Warnings: Death, swearing)

The next day you woke up to the sun shining in your eyes. With a groan your eyelids fluttered open and you turned to get your face out of the sunlight. Because of your sudden movement both dogs became alerted. "No, it was just me." You grumbled in your morning voice as the two began to bark at nothing and walked around the room. "Jesus Christ." You mumbled with a smile and giggled, pushing yourself up and out of bed. "Idiots." You joked and walked into the bathroom to get ready. Once you came out of your bathroom it was 8 am and time to let the dogs out. "Come on bubs." You said softly as you opened your room door and walked down the hall, a dog on either side of you. The three of you walked to a glass door that lead to a small training course Tony had made for Moose that Lola could also use but had no interest in. "Go on." You said as you watched the dogs leave your side and trot outside into the area, sniffing around and doing their own thing. "Beautiful morning isn't it?" A voice behind you that you didn't recognize said. You stiffened up a bit and turned around to meet a man in a black suit. From what you could gather he was a ginger with a clean cut, black suit, had a blonde pet, had a badge, might be able to hold a fight, and was holding a clipboard. "Jackson Moore" you read his badge around his neck to yourself. "I'm Jackson, I'm sorry if I scared you ma'am I'm an intern." He said with a smile and offered his hand for you to shake. "Oh, yeah, sorry. It's is a beautiful morning. Y/n by the way." You said and grasped his hand feeling a little shock. "Ow." The two of you hissed and pulled your hands back, shaking them. "Well, didn't know you had powers Y/n." Jackson said with a chuckle and smiled, crossing his arms behind his back. "Heh, flattering but I think that was just static electricity." You said with a smile then turned to face your dogs. I should spends some time with Lola today. Maybe Bucky or Sam can watch Moose. You thought to yourself as you watched the dogs play. "Nice chatting with you Miss Hughes." Jackson said and backed away. "Wait, I didn't tell you." You mumbled and turned around to see him gone. "Fuck." You mumbled and rubbed your face. "Maybe it was just my powers?" You asked yourself and sighed softly.

"Hey Tony do you know where the bird is?" You asked as you peeped your head into his lab door after interning the code he gave you. "Which one?" He asked without even looking up at you, just continuing to work of whatever device caught his attention. "Wilson." You said and tapped your fingers against the door frame softly. "Kitchen, why didn't you ask FRIDAY?" He asked and looked up at you. "Wanted to annoy you, thanks." You smirked and left to the kitchen, Moose and Lola by your side. "Woah, where you going all dressed up?" Sam asked as you hopped up the final stair into the common area. "Funny, I'm in normal clothes. I'm going to have a mom daughter day with Lola. I need you and Bucky or Steve to watch my boy." You said and looked around the room to find the two super soldiers on the couch and Clint making something in the kitchen area. "Alright, boys day it is, come on Moose." Sam said and clapped his hands to call Moose over. You smiled softly and waved at the two soldiers as they waved back. "Come on baby, hope Tony doesn't mind us taking the impala." You said with a smirk and began walking down the stairs, Lola in your arms.

You had driven all the way from the compound to the city so you could take Lola to a dog park. Also, so you can get a better look around the city and see the modern changes. You watched as Lola trotted in front of you, sniffing everything on the sidewalk. At this point you where a block away from the car and just letting Lola lead the way. The little Chihuahua was so sure of herself. She was on a mission and wasn't going to be stopped. Watching Lola calmed you down and made you relax since she was such a peaceful dog and knew nothing of violence. The only violent thing she had encountered was when her and Moose would play and he would bare his teeth at her. You sighed softly and looked up, finding the two of you in a alleyway. Suddenly a punch hit your stomach and knocked the air out of you. Lola began barking and growling as best she could at the large men gathering around you. "Hello there Y/n." A man said in front of you as a punch hit your side. You grunted and stumbled a bit as you tried to stand up. "Go on, show me what you can do." He said with a smirk. "You've killed a lot of people with those little fingers." He said and pointed at you. "I'm not killing anyone unless I have to." You muttered and took in as much air as you could. "That's a shame." He sighed and jabbed you in the jaw. You grunted as you held you jaw, blood beginning to boil. "Will you shut that dog up!" The man growled as another walked up to Lola. "No!" You screamed as she let out a yelp of pain and went limp. "You son of a bitch." You hissed lowly as tears puddled up in your eyes. Heat rose to your face as you drew back your fist to punch the asshole in front of you. Suddenly you felt a stabbing pain and felt tired. "I don't think so." The man whispered and you looked to your side to see a large syringe injecting something into you. "Night night." He sang and punched you in the nose. Suddenly everything went dark.

"Sam, I'm telling you she feeds him at 12, I've watched her do it." Bucky said as he crossed his arms. "Fine." Sam said as he put Moose's food back. "Guys." Steve called out as he watched Moose stumble a bit then collapse. "Oh shit." Sam said and hit Bucky's arm to alert him. "Moose, Y/n, FRIDAY get Bruce in here now." Bucky mumbled yours and the dog's name but called out the last part and rushed over to the dog with Sam. "He's breathing." Steve said as he watched the rise and fall of the dog's chest. "Yeah, but is he and Y/n ok?" Bucky asked as all the men looked up at each other. "Fuck." They all mumbled.

~||~