-chapter eight-

chapter eight

-the first game-

Adeline slipped on her Gryffindor jersey. She walked in front of the mirror and examined herself. She noticed the big three on her back and smiled. It was her brothers number. Marlene then appeared in the mirror.

"You ready to kick some ass" she asked with a smirk.

"Hell yeah I am!" Adeline said.

They both walked out of the locker room and met with the rest of the team. They all sat down in front of Thomas for his typical speech. Apparently he'd say the same thing before every game. Win. But seeing that they almost won the cup last year, it works.

"They might be Hufflepuffs, but there's no time to be nice today, we've got to start the season well" He said.

Everyone took there brooms and flew out to the quidditch pitch. Adeline looked around and saw Alice, Lily, Mary, Molly, Dorcas and Emmeline cheering on her and Marlene in the stands. Adeline looked in front of her to see who she thought was Amos Diggory. He smiled at her and she smiled back.

The quaffle was thrown into the air and the game begun.

Marlene grabbed the quaffle and zoomed past everyone and scored right off the bat.

"McKinnon scores, it's already 10-0 for Gryffindor" the commentator shouts.

Adeline flies by Marlene and the high five. But the second they turned around they saw a Huffepluff chaser zoom past them with the quaffle. He threw the quaffle though the far hoop and watched it go straight through. He turned around and Adeline immediately saw it was Amos Diggory. He winked at her and she rolled her eyes.

As the came proceeded, the score was kept tight. Every goal Gryffindor would score, Hufflepuff would score one back. The only time a team lead by more then ten points was when Hufflepuff was winning 60-40, but Gryffindor then scored three goals in a row.

The score was currently tied 90-90 and still no sign of the snitch. The only thing close is was when the Hufflepuff chaser thought he found it but ended up catching a fly. Adeline really wanted to tell James to get a move on but she knew that being a seeker was hard and that she should keep her mouth shut.

"And James Potter seems to have spotted the snitch" the commentator said.

Adeline couldn't help but stop and look at James chase the snitch. She then saw the Hufflepuff chaser starting to catch up.

Come on James.

But Adeline didn't realize that people had been shouting her name.

"ADELINE" Sebastien shouted.

Adeline quickly snapped out of it and saw a bludger coming straight for her. She rapidly ducked and let the bludger pass on top of her. It was so close she could feel the air pass by.

"GRYFFINDOR WINS" the Ravenclaw commentator shouted.

Adeline's head turned around briskly to see James with a smirk on his face and the snitch in his hand. Adeline slowly flew over to James.

"Nice work catching the snitch." She said.

"Nice work almost getting hit in the head by a bludger" James said.

Adeline rolled her eyes and turned to face the cheering crowd.

**

Cold water ran down her back and down her legs. Her hair became silky and cold as it got soaked in water. Adeline took a nice long cold shower after the game. She rubbed the Lavender Shampoo into her hair and her peach scented body wash onto her body. Adeline took her towel and folded it right under her arms and got out of the shower in the Gryffindor changing room. She brushed her wet hair until it was knot free and dried it off with an other towel. She slipped on a red, over sized, Gryffindor and black leggings.

Adeline walked back to the Great hall for lunch. She skipped down the stairs happily and turned into the corridor. But she looked around and the Great Hall wasn't there. She realized that she had never gone from the Quidditch pitch to the Great hall and didn't know how to get there. Adeline then just assumed she went down one or two floors to many. She turned around to go back up the stairs wen she hears footsteps behind her.

"Blake, what a pleasant surprise to see you here" she heard.

Adeline turned around to see Bellatrix Black walking towards her. But this time she wasn't alone. Behind her was Rodolphus Lestrange and Lucius Malfoy. Adeline felt shiver go down her spin. She started to tremble.

"Where's the mudblood?" She asked innocently.

Adeline glared at Bellatrix, who glared back.

"Have fun boys, she's all yours" Bellatrix snapped.

Adeline gulped. Smirks appeared on the two boys faces as they slowly walked towards her with there wands drawn.