Chapter 19

**Nate's POV**

An hour later, I was stepping out of the bathroom wearing grey sweatpants, a black shirt as black high tops with water dripping from my hair.

My eyes still had bags under them but I felt good and clean now besides the need for food and sleep, which I didn't feel up to.

When I walked out of the room, Jeremy gave me a weak smile before shaking his head.

He hasn't heard anything yet.

As if reading our minds, a nurse walked in and smiled at us.

"I suppose you're all here for Skylar Bradley?"

Everyone nodded their heads and she gave a sigh "Well Skylar will live. As you already know, with a broken arm and a pretty bruised up body. Her body reacted well to the surgery and hasn't gone into a coma yet, so we think she won't go into one and will wake up in about the next few hours."

Thank god..

"As for the baby... He was successfully removed from Skylar a few hours ago and is on a breathing machine. He has yet to respond to it like normally, but his heart is beating so that is nothing to worry about right now. If this continued for the next two hours, something is wrong."

"So he's alive?" Paisley asked.

"Yes." She smiled " He was born at 12:48 AM weighing four pounds and 6 ounces. His height is one foot two inches. This is pretty tiny for a baby, but completely normal for a premature, which is really good."

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and everyone looked at me.

Jeremy smiled and pat my back. "They're alright."

"Can I see them?" I asked.

"Well you can go see Skylar although she is sleeping, as for the baby, you can't until the doctors clear it when he is breathing normally. Do you have a name for him yet?"

I smiled sadly and shook my head "Skylar didn't name him yet."

She looked confused but brushed it off.

"Okay. Well her room is 108 so you can go see her past those doors right there."

She pint Ed to the ER doors and I nodded before walking quickly towards them.

****************

My hand stayed on the door knob to the hospital room, urging to see what awaits on the other side.

Deep breath..

I slowly turned the knob before opening the door.

A beeping noise filled my ears and darkness filled my eyesight as I walked in.

The curtains were drawn and the only light that was on was by the bathroom and barely lot up the room but was enough where I could see my Princess sleeping on the bed.

A blue cast was on her left arm. She'd like that.. Her favorite color is blue...

Underneath the hospital gown that was covering her tiny body was no bump but her stomach was a bit bigger than before she was pregnant.

I slowly walked over to the bed and sat on the cushioned seat that was next to it before lightly picking up Skylars tiny hand in mine.

It's like she is so fragile now....

I smiled at Sky's small face before placing a kiss on her hand. "Im so sorry Princess.."

"You have nothing to e sorry about Nathan."

I jumped at Jeremy's voice before turning around and seeing him standing at the door holding a human sized bear and chocolate.

"What the heck Jeremy?" I grinned, putting Skylars hand down softly and standing up.

"What? It's called a get well soon gift?" he grime d, outing it down on the window deck seat and putting the chocolate on the side table. "There is more where that came from."

As if right on time, Kayla, Bryson and Paisley walked in all holding gift bags, flowers and a type of stuffed animals.

I had to laugh out at their attempt to brighten the day but then frowned "But I didn't get her anything."

Bryson surprisingly was the one who spoke "I think shed be happy to know that you wouldn't leave the waiting room and ran in here as soon as you could rather than getting her a stuffed animal." He smiled.

"Thanks" I sighed, sitting back down. "I just want her to wake up."

"And she will." Kayla spoke "That's what the doctor said."

"I know. It's just.. She still hates me. What if she doesn't want me? She won't even let me explain to her. Besides, she has you." I spat, looking at Bryson at the last part.

You know what the douche bag did?!

He smiled at me!

"Actually, she does have me but we aren't together anymore. That's why she came to my house. We talked and I told her that she stilled loved you and needed you in her life, not me. That's why she left early but she was happy. I heard the crash happen before running outside and calling the cops. The guy had a stop sign but was high, so he got arrested with a broken leg and four fractured ribs."

I was gaping by the time he was done. "So you guys are over?"

"Is that really all you heard after that whole speech?" Kayla laughed.

I nodded my head and grinned.

Bryson shook his head while smiling "Were done."

"Wait.. Guys did you hear that?" Paisley asked.

"No." Jeremy said, looking at her funny.

"Shh!" She snapped.

Then I heard it.

A small moan.