5

Now playing: Incubus - Love hurts

Harry didn't know but I used to ask myself the same question. Who is Z? Zayn? Who's that beautiful boy I met in the Dublin local store while trying to shop for buzz? I couldn't even answer myself.

-I'm not gonna answer. - I half smiled.

-Please, take it, it might be important. - He encouraged me.

-Not a good idea. - I put my phone on the table away from us.

-Who is Z? - He inquired again.
-I think we're friends. - I honestly answered him. - I don't know. - I gasped.

-Is he your boyfriend?

-No! - I quickly replied.

-Do you like him?

-Yes.

-Do you love him? - Suddenly the conversation went to another level and it was getting serious, too serious.

-Hell no! - I laughed. - Fuck love. - I whispered.

We were both finished eating and sitting uncomfortably in order to be able to look at the stars and the full moon raising up the sky.

-Let's lay on the grass. - I suggested and he followed me. - It's so fucking beautiful in here. - I told him, still whispering, as if someone would hear me talking.

-Isn't it? - He reached out so he would be touching my hand. His pinky was on top of my pinky. - Why the "fuck love"?

-It hurts. - I sighed having sad memories while analyzing my thoughts. - It fucking breaks you. - I spat.

His pinky kept reaching out and finally his hand cupped mine. My heart was pumping very hard and I stared at him. His eyes were bright on the moonlight. His face was perfectly sculpted and in that precise instant, I felt like touching that sharp jawline. Its sharpness might cut you, my conscience warned.

Harry noticed I was watching him and cupped my hand harder, closer to his own.

-Thank you for tonight. - I whispered and started getting up.

-Benny? - His voice was low, the best sound on that calm summer night.

-Yes?

-I still believe in love. - He bit his lower lip. - Maybe you should too.

I laughed trying to shake the unexpected emotion that took me in that moment; trying to shake the power of his words: - Who the fuck would want to love my fat ass self?
With those words I left him and walked down to my room downstairs.
*

My head was pounding. Another hangover. I slowly opened my eyes, but it was too bright, so I was forced to close them again. I dragged my pillow and shoved it against my heavy face. Then again, I realized I didn't hear any alarm and that perception awoke me a bit more leaving me worried.

I quickly reached my phone to see the time and almost had a heart attack when saw the time: 12:42. Basically, I was 5 hours late to my shift.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, I mumbled. I saw my reflection on the mirror and wasn't surprised with it. Then I took a paracetamol to help me with the hangover and gulped half a litter of water almost in one sitting.

After, I quickly dressed my uniform and tied my hair in a knob on the top of my head.

My father was already cooking, preparing lunch, I assumed.

As soon as I entered the kitchen, my eyes encountered a lady with him; I was obliged to meet her, since it was too late to hide from her. The last option was what I really wanted to do.

-Hi dear! - She greeted me. - I'm Anne. - She grabbed me for a hug, I didn't grab her back immediately because I was a bit in shock. The Rolex on her left wrist told me she wasn't one of us.

-Hi Mrs. Anne. - Tried to cough a bit so I could shake the "just wake up voice" we all have.

-I'm Harry's mom. - Her British accent was stronger than his. Just by hearing his name, my stomach fluttered.

I tried to make a welcome smile, once I was a bit... running out of words. Speechless.

-My son told me you were an amazing cook! - She was so enthusiastic. I almost gagged on my own saliva and coughed a bit. I was astonished.

-Thank you. - I hesitated. My cheeks went red and I could see the suspicion on my father's face. - It was nothing. - She kept her smile.

Anne was so beautiful; he had her smile and dimples. Her blue eyes were enhanced by a black pencil on her waterline and her hair was shiny black, perfectly straightened.

-I was telling Maurizio I would also love to try on your dishes. - She touched my arm. So nice, wow. Honestly, I wasn't expecting someone so rich like her to be/act like this.
-I'd love to. - I smiled. Please go away, I need a coffee, this was what I was actually had in my mind.

In this exact moment, a half-asleep messed up hair and incredibly handso.... Harry entered the kitchen; his torso was naked, and he was only wearing his black shorts. I gulped and stared the ceiling. He looked... Ok. Hangover looked good on him; this is what I meant. Or that I think I meant. Nevermind.

-Good morning! - He smiled and the sneer was cut by a yawn. Still sleepy, hein? - Oh, you're already awake. - He looked at me. When he saw his mother, he tilted his head twice almost asking himself if he would be dreaming or not and literally ran to her arms and hold onto her close.

-I missed you so much, peanut! - She said kissing his neck.

-I missed you more mom. - His head rested on her head and in a sweet gesture, he left a kiss on her forehead.

After, he took a better look at her and smashed her in another bear hug. For a moment, I felt happy for him.

Barely recognizing what I was feeling, I instantly clicked and looked away, pushing my thoughts and feelings far, far away from my dangerous mind.
*

Hi!!! Sorry for the delay!
Please comment and vote. It would mean the world to me.
-Brooke.