6

Now Playing: ZAYN - Entertainer

Z was waiting for me at the mansion's back door. He was savoring a cigarette and oh, he looked sexy. He immediately smiled and crushed the cigarette butt on the ashtray when caught a sight of me.

-Hey... - He whispered seductively while putting his strong arms around my waist ending up kissing my lips. I could still taste the cigarette he buffed minutes ago.

-You look great! – It was the truth.

-You always look better. – I smiled almost believing his kind words.

-You brought your car inside?! – Worry took me as soon as I spotted the red BMW i8 Roadstar parked in front of the back door. – What did I tell you, Zayn? – My nerves would really leave me impatient and without noticing I ran my hands through my hair trying to forget to the fact that Harry and his family were at home. – I told you my boss is at home!!! – I grumbled in a harsh tone.

-Fuck your boss, Benny. - He said calmly.

-His family arrived, which means anyone can see you! – I explained. – I don't want to lose this job.

-I told you, you can be my head chef... - Zayn offered me a job as his father's head chef because we are going out and not because I really deserved it, which made me refuse his preposition on the first place. Besides, his father was kind of a prick. He reminded me of my own progenitor.

I cut him out saying: - Stop, Z. Let's not argue... - I pleaded.

He grabbed my waist, pushed me against the wall and started to kiss my neck. As much as I liked Zayn's touch, this place was not appropriate for that kind of affection demonstration to happen. So, I let him kiss me for a moment and slowly pushed him away.

My smile vanished when I spotted his tall figure appearing behind Zayn. I strongly pushed him away this time and tried to arrange my t-shirt that have been lifted by Zayn's hungry hands.

-Hm... - I stammered. Harry gave me a deathly look. I never saw that profound hate on those beautiful green eyes.

He did not give me a chance to explain myself. The joy I and relieve I saw this morning while he hugged his beloved mother was no longer there.

-This will not happen here. Ever again. – He commanded. I shrank with those words. To be honest, I was feeling the size of an ant at that instant.

Defeated, I stared the floor.

-I am really sorry. – A whisper escaped my regretful mouth.

-And... - He started. – I want that fucking car out of my sight. – He demanded assertively. I knew it was not a good idea for Zayn to bring his car inside, but even though I insisted for him to wait for me outside, he couldn't stop himself to enter the mansion. Why did you even give him the code to enter? My mind asked. Because sometimes he would meet me here after everyone was asleep and it was good not to feel alone at night.

-I am really sorry. – I said again.

-Let's go, babe. – Zayn pulled me under his arm, and I could feel his eyes burning on my back.

*

-I feel sick. – I unburdened. Zayn's expression was indecipherable at that second. I wish I could learn to read him better. Sometimes it felt like I've known him my whole life, other times he felt like an unknown.

I knew exactly how he would react if I traced his masculine face with my index finger or if I would lick his defined and tattooed body. Still, I couldn't tell what he would do if I started asking or confronting him about the fact that I caught his father cheating on his mother and the fact that he would do drugs... a lot.

-That guy is crap. – He spat.

-Can you please stop attacking him? – The blame is on us. Only. – I think he's gonna fire me. – I was afraid. Especially now that I actually thought it was finally going really well.

-I hope so. – He agreed.

-What? Zayn!? – I got up of the black leather sofa he had in his bedroom. – Do you really wish me that bad? – I could not believe what he just said.

-I love you baby. That's why I want you out of there. – He stood up and grabbed my hand and started dragging me closer to his body.

-It's really important to me that I do it. – I explained defeated.

-For what? To show that prick of a dad of yours how good you are? – He laughed. – Fuck that. You have me.

-You're unbelievable! – I finally blared, tired of his speech. – Don't fucking follow me! – I warned while grabbing my purse and leaving.

-Whatever. – He mumbled when I left.

For one thing I was completely sure, I was feeling sick. The fries we shared were too oily and, that is probably why I am having this urge to puke.

I ran down the big staircase wishing to hide from the feelings Zayn was trying to impose on me and decided to go back to the mansion (my provisory home, or should I say room?) on foot.

As soon as I stepped out of Zayn's house, I leaned to the front and got sick. It took me a while to have everything out but I promptly started to feel better. I cleaned my mouth on a tissue that I previously grabbed from my purse and started chewing a mint gum.

Great, this is just great. Now I have to walk for forty minutes because I was too proud to accept Zayn's offer to take me home while being mad at him. But I was right, was I not? I should win my battles, not let Zayn make me win them because he was rich and had the power to do so.

He really sounds like a bad friend (boyfriend) right now, I know, but I would like you to know he was not always like this. Obviously. Otherwise I would not be hanging around with him. Wouldn't you? My conscience roared. Or you're so alone you would accept anything to be your boyfriend. It mocked me.

-Piss off! – I roared back in the silence of the night.

There was almost no street lightning and I thanked God for the bright full moon in the sky and the fact of knowing this path by heart.

The breeze was colder now, and it made me shiver. Secretly I wished to be already in my bed and to feel comfortable in the white cotton linen.

As if coming from nowhere, a car flied on the opposite direction I was going. I only realize who it was when he stopped and started the reversing gear. 

*

Thank you everyone.

See you soon.

-Brooke.