9

Now Playing: Oasis - Stand by me

Harry PoV

I saw her going away, her walk was so confident, I wondered if she knew how beautiful she was and wished I could remember her of it.

Gemma was a great talker; I owe her this one. I used to be an excellent talker as well, but it has not been going very well with her.

Obviously, we did not need to hire Benedetta for the night to take care of Martin, he was an angel, to be honest I think Gemma noticed there was something going on, better be careful with what I say in front of her. She gets too excited if I meet a girl that she likes.

-You like her? – She lightly punched my arm, giggling nonstop, just like a little girl.

-Do I? – I asked laughing. – Why did you do that? – I laughed hugging her close. Oh, how I've missed Gemma. – Thank you lil sis.

-It had to be done or you'd screw yourself. – She mocked.

-Shut up! – I grabbed her and walked outside carrying her on my back just like in the old times.

*

We were going to watch a football game in Rome. Juventus was playing against Rome and I was hoping Juventus would win. What I was hoping even more was that she would have fun and enjoyed herself. I felt a bit nervous to meet her again. She drives me crazy, really. Yesterday I couldn't measure the rage she ignited on me when I saw her with that bastard... Then again, she made me relax and I fell asleep like an angel near her and her magical words. I don't know what it was. Maybe her messy hair the first time I saw her? Maybe the way she uses her glasses in the point of her nose while cooking? Her sassiness? Her incredible curves that I wish to navigate... I would not stop naming all the beautiful things that lead me to this weird possessive feeling. The truth is, I just wanted to be there for her.

While trying to figure out what to dress, I was daydreaming about what she was going to wear. I love her natural looks so much but then I saw her yesterday and could not really choose if I preferred her on a natural look or with a bit of makeup. She was just the best of both worlds.

Someone knocked and I had the slightest hope that it could be her.

It was mom.

-I heard Gemma invited Benny to the game. – Her smile was huge. – I think she's a lovely girl.

-Have you two been conspiring in my back? – I smirked, pretending to be affected.

-You know how it works. – She kissed my cheek. – You're taller by the minute.

-I'm the same height I was when I was 20, I guess I stopped by now. – I joked.

-You're still my little baby, honey. – And her eyes were wet. My mom tends to get a bit emotional.

-Did you tell her you're gonna spend the night in Rome?

-No... Do you think that's a problem? – I inquired. – I am going to book a room for her as well. – I explained but she kept her thoughtful expression. – Alone. – I added.

-She might have plans, Harry.

-Tomorrow? Nah, it's her day off. – I checked beforehand. I had to know when she would possibly meet that son of a bitch again... If only she knew who he truly was...

-That's the point. She might have plans already. – I started showing clothes to my mother and she was giving her opinion with a positive nod or not.

I chose to wear a blue shirt and my light blue jeans. Decided to wear a red bandana on my neck, it looked cool and wore some Gucci loafers that they sent me last season. I looked good. I knew I looked good. I also secretly hoped she thought I looked good.

The thought of seeing her made my blood rush and I could not be more excited to see her.

She had her dark hair loose and it was perfectly straightened, I wondered if it smelled like the vanilla product I smelled in the morning while she was taking a shower, I bet it did. She was wearing the same color jeans as me, except hers were tighter and well, looked much better on her than on me... She had a white t-shirt with a not in the front that made everything seem more interesting. A bit of make up on, not too much and some big loop earrings that she was also using yesterday. I would take her right here, right now... I was trying nto save that thought for later when alone in my hotel room. It's not gonna be easy... 

-Hey, we're ready as well. – I said. – I might have forgotten... - I hummed. – We are staying the night in Rome... I totally forgot. – I lied.

-So, shouldn't I go anymore? – She asked. Oh my god, no, no, no. Not that.

-No, I just booked an extra room for you.

-I have nothing to take with me. – She seemed worried. Fuck.

-We will wait. Don't worry. Just grab something quickly. – I tried to cheer her but apparently my joy was not enough. – You look good in anything so it must be easy to pack. – I added not helping my case, but then I saw her blushing and I couldn't stop myself from smirking. I could tell she liked my smirk: her attitude denounced her.

When everyone and everything was packed, we took the Jeep to Rome. I was driving. Michal went on the front sit and Gemma, Benny and little Martin were in the back. Gem and Benedetta did not stop talking and they got along surprisingly well, which made me incredibly happy.

During this trip I found out that me and Benny have more in common than I thought: we both like music and the classics and she loves to go to concerts. Benny already saw Fleetwood Mac, Pearl Jam and Van Morrison live. Our paths just never crossed before... I wish they would have; I wish I would know every single piece of her story. Believe me, she really makes every bit of it sound interesting, even the fact that she dropped a Slurpee on her lap and was around London looking like she peed herself. Why would she tell those things to Gem and not to me? That made me go a bit uneasy and question myself.

We all had VIP entrance tickets and were sitting on the second floor exactly on the middle of the stadium, I had reserved an entire boot since we would have more privacy that way.

I took Martin and played with him, there was not what to not love about that little boy. So young, full of life and no problems ahead. Deep down I envied him a bit. Besides, he was having all her attention. She so good with kids. How does this not seem to surprise me anymore?

Gem and Michal went to get us beer and I was trying to find a way to start a conversation, but little Martin did it for me.

-You beautiful! – Martin told her touching her cheeks. She was smiling and I could not stop from smiling as well.

-Well, thank you little Mr. – She said and kindly touched the tip of his nose. – You are beautiful. – She emphasized the "you".

-He is right though. – I told her. – You're beautiful indeed.

I saw her blushing after my words were said.

-Uncle Harry is also beautiful, isn't he? – She asked and turned to me so I could face them both.

*