10

Now Playing: Harry Styles - Lights Up; James Bay - Us

Benny P.o.V.

I had this crazy feeling growing inside of me. I couldn't stop thinking about him or the way he dealt with little Martin... I was honestly thinking I was going mad. My heart was breaking a bit more each time I recalled the moments we shared, and it felt so ephemeral but so permanent at the same time. It was like my anxiety was living in my stomach for good and I was too overjoyed to stop thinking, to sleep... To stop at all.

I tried laying down in the bed, looked at the ceiling while waiting for my sleep to come and it did not work.

We had dinner together in the hotel and then everyone went up to the rooms. I thought I would be responsible for Martin since I was taking care of him, but then Gemma and Michal took him up and told me not to worry. I wouldn't have minded; the kid was a little angel after all. Harry went to his room (which apparently was the Suite Imperial, I laughed a bit, of course he had to have the most luxurious place to sleep for one night only) and we were supposed to meet there in the morning to have breakfast. Couldn't wait to see it. The room. I meant I could not wait to see the room. But then my thoughts were once again on Harry and the way he sang Baby Shark to little Martin. Fuck. That's not hot or at least that did not use to be hot for you before. I heavily breathed trying to take all these thoughts away. Look at you, Benedetta! You're getting soft... You're gonna get hurt. My brain warned as if mocking my gut.

I felt so anxious, almost freaking out and ended up exploring my room again. There was a king-sized bed. White linen. Nice minimalist bedside tables. Cool lights hanging from the ceiling on top of each bedside table. Cool. I thought again. There was a huge mirror in the right wall of the room, and I couldn't stop myself from staring at my reflection. My black Rolling Stones T-shirt was my pajamas for the night, and I felt it shrink over my curvy body. You're ridiculous! My conscious shouted and I turned my back to my old enemy.

A knock on my bedroom's door interrupted my hateful thoughts and I felt relieved.

I opened, not thinking about asking who it was. I kind of had a feeling who it was going to be.

I was right.

-Hey! – Two smiley faces met me. I felt warm.

-Hey! – I replied and touched little Martin's nose. He was too cute to be true. Light blonde hair and big blue eyes, no one could resist this one's enchants. Then I stared at Harry. Guess you cannot resist to this one charms either, hm? – Is everything alright? – I asked worried and let him pass before me, inside the room, then I closed the door.

-Martin was missing you. – He explained.

-Was he? – I chuckled. Harry placed Martin on the floor to let him free of his embrace. – Shouldn't you be asleep by now, big boy? – I went on my knees so I would be closer to his height.

-Benny! – Martin screamed and smiled. My heart felt full. Guess that kids were not that bad after all. – Benny! – He did it again and I opened my arms for him, he ran for me and hugged me for a moment.

-He really likes you. – Harry commented which made me smile. – Gem and Michal were... busy, I guess. – He smirked and I knew exactly what he meant.

-Oh, I offered to be with him, it's fine Harry. – Meanwhile Martin decided to run from my arms to Harry's and then to mine, and to his again. I know this might sound incredibly lame, but never anything felt so right. Never have I ever had my heart so full and away from the dark as I had in that moment. And, for a second, I wished I could live this forever.