3

Kayla's P.O.V

After hanging up on Damien, I went home and lied on the sofa. I sighed at the eerie silence of the house, damn why couldn't anyone be home right now? Then I remembered Elena telling me that she wanted me to come over to her house. I groaned and made an effort to go upstairs to shower, so I stripped out of my clothes then got in the shower and let the warm water pour on my body.

Was it actually my fault? Kissing Cody was a mistake, no letting Cody kiss me was a mistake. Someone like me and Damien would never work, we were just the total opposite of each other, or was that the point? To make mates fall in love, they have to be the opposites? This makes me so frustrated! I was told as a little girl that if your mate loved you, he would mark you. Damien, he doesn't love me and I know that for sure marking me was a mistake and he fucking knows that!

I got out of the shower, and got dressed and put light make up on. I wonder how Elena's family will be like, kind, nice, sweet or evil. I just hoped they were all the above apart from evil. Thinking about Elena and wondering how she put up with the fact of getting pregnant and rejected, how could she forgive Alexander? I could never do that, mate or not.

I looked at the clock, 5:02. I got time, so I ate a granola bar and called Sheila to see what she's up to, I missed her, Zach and baby Liam. Dude, not now cannot bring tears to my eyes. After a few rings, I heard a familiar voice.

'Hello?'

'Hey.' I say

'Oh my gosh! Kayla!' She said getting excited, which made me laugh

'What's up? How's the trip?' I asked.

'Good, but not without you! Liam misses you, even Zach.'

'I miss you guys too, don't worry about it. Anything new?'

'Yeah! Liam said his first word! Kissy!' I winced at her screeching.

'Um...dude, that's great and all, but I don't think Kissy is a word.' I said, I felt mean bursting her bubble

'YES IT IS!' She shouted

'Okay, I'm just going to go now, because I got to go somewhere, give my love to the guys, and give a kissy to Liam for me.' I said, chuckling when I said Kissy

'Ha ha. You have to talk to me soon though, I can't handle just the boys, and it's just so mean.' She said, faking a sob.

'I promise I will, don't worry about it.' I said smiling.

'Love you, stay safe.' She said

'Don't worry, I will.' I hung up the phone and slid it in my back pocket before taking my keys and leaving the house.

Earlier on, Elena gave me her address and it turns out she only lives a street away from me. So only 10 minutes, but when I got there her house looked amazing from the outside. No white picket fence or any dog, just a nice house, a normal one and I could hear people talking inside so I stepped onto the porch and rang the doorbell, dude even her doorbell sounded family like. The door opened to reveal a guy, in his mid-20's, light brown to blonde hair and green eyes about 6'2 give or take a few inches. He had a grim expression on his face and what looked like a doll in his hand.

'Hi, um...I'm looking for Elena.' I say nervously. Could you blame me? I thought he could kill me by his looks.

'Elena, someone's hear for you!' He yelled behind him, then I heard footsteps and Elena appeared at the door with a kid in her arms.

'Kayla! You came!' She said, giving me a hug. 'Come in.' She said indicating to come inside. I went in and the first thing I sensed was honey, something I used to smell when I had a family.