9

Damien's P.O.V

Kayla was curled into me as she slept. The night wasn't supposed to go like this, it wasn't supposed to go so badly but it did and I didn't know who to blame; I couldn't even blame myself because I had tried to make this night go perfectly and it didn't. Kayla ended up having enough so I offered her to sleep at my house, even though she didn't want to but I kept persisting her and in the end I just ended up giving in and staying at her aunt's place, not wanting to argue any more than what already has taken place. We didn't hear from Kameron since he left and I wasn't surprised after what Zach had said to him but one thing I was confused about was why he said those things to him, yeah Kameron was estranged for a long time but he didn't deserve those things said to him.

I didn't have a wink of sleep yet because these thoughts kept circling my mind and I found it hard to want to sleep because I wanted to keep Kayla safe, I just don't know from what. My feelings for her have developed, something I wish that never happened because I did not want any feelings for Kayla not because everyone else doesn't want her but because I've been a bad mate to her and I know I will be worse as that's what I have been raised to do. I was raised to hate Kayla because she was the cause for her parents' death even though I knew that wasn't the truth but it's what I was brought up to believe and it was something I hated.

Looking down at her, I took in all her features that made my dick stir and my wolf howl with joy that she was our mate. Her hair could be so messy and tangled and I would still love it, her eyes were a beautiful colour that seemed to make me stop and just think about her they were even more enhanced by her thick eyelashes that was around her eyes.

Her skin complexion complimented her looks, as did her curves and no matter what scars she had, her body would always arouse me and make me want her even more. She has many scars because of me, she has many flaws but I accepted them because most of them were from me and I regret it but I'm sure that my parents' would be smiling at the achievement leaving me with a bitter feeling.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard some banging from downstairs, I tried smelling the scent but only received the scent of woods and the outdoor scent but no other ones. How the hell did they get in here? I gave Kayla a kiss on her forehead then mentally scolded myself before making my way downstairs and growling when I saw a drunk Kameron moving from side to side while laughing slightly.

I rolled my eyes and walked over to him, telling him to be quiet then bringing him over to a chair where he sat down laughing more; walking over to the other side of the kitchen, I turned on the lights and sighed when I saw him really out of it.

'Would you shut up? Your sister is still asleep upstairs!' I whispered harshly to him but he paid no attention to me as he titled onto one side too much meaning that he fell in a tumble onto the floor but that didn't stop his laughter.

I went over to him, making sure that I didn't hear Kayla getting up from bed and continued to help up Kameron who now was hiccupping as his laughter slowly faded. Pulling him up hard with an easy pull, I made sure that he was going to stand straight and when I saw he was moving side to side again, I grabbed him and slung his arm over my shoulder for brace. 'You know I met a girl?' He said, then chuckled a little as I helped him sit down.

'A girl? Is that why you've been drinking loads, because you met a girl?' Kameron gave me a look which meant, are you being serious right now? Afterwards, he shook his head then leaned back as I waited for him to explain what he meant to me.

'She had the most beautiful eyes and you know, she understood me. She understood everything I was telling her then when it came to her story, I just felt like a little shit for feeling sorry for myself when she was going through worse.' Kameron looked around for something after saying that.