[14] ❝Rain❞

It was raining on most of the days, when Dust visited Sans

Throughout the months, Dust had slowly lost hope that Sans may ever woke up again. Everyday feels less and less meaningful to Dust. Without Blue, Red, or any of his friends that he had made through the years, he felt...empty. It was as if he has nothing to live for. He had no one to talk to, no one that understands him and he feels scared.

He feels as if he would go back to his murderous side of him, killing every single living being, to feel...something. To gain something that has been lost, after Sans had seemingly...gotten comatose...

The knock on the door let Dust float back to reality, as a voice spoke, muffled by the thick door. He couldn't really make out what the person on the other side of the door is saying, but they entered anyways. Dust quickly moved away from Sans when he realised that it was the nurse. Her gentle voice echoed through the ward.

"Mr Lavender, I would be checking on him for a while. Would you mind going out for a few minutes?"

"of course." He heard the nurse called him, 'Mr Lavender'. It made him feel like laughing. He did not want to use his name, 'Dust' to admit Sans into the hospital. It would only cause more trouble to come. Who knows, Blue may figure out that Sans' is hospitalized, and that would just stir more trouble with everyone. Besides, nobody even cares about them anymore, so why not just change his name for a fresh start? 'Lavender' was certainly not the name that he had expected to choose, but he had ran out of options. So now he has to suffer his bad name choice.

His phalanges came into contact with the door handle, before he pushed the door open. The door handle was of course, cold to the touch. After all, Sans' ward is an air conditioned one. Still, Dust couldn't stop himself from thinking of how the coldness of the door handle felt strangely familiar to holding Sans' phalanges in the ward. He quickly dismissed the thought.

He distracted himself by watching the rain fall. It was like the clouds were crying buckets of tears down to the earth, as the raindrops came into contact with the rough glass, making a pitter-patter sound. Dust sgihed, as he felt himself remembering watching the rain fall into the surface for the first time, with Sans, Red, Blue and the others. It was truly a magnificent experience, but he really did not want to recall those bastards, so he shoved the memory to the back of his mind. It would only cause more pain for himself to remember them.

Just then, the nurse came out from the ward. Dust immediately looked away from the window and rushed back into Sans' ward. He was hoping that Sans may have woken up when the nurse was checking on him. His hopes immediately plummeted down when he saw Sans still seemingly sleeping on the bed. He sat beside him, yet again.

He watched Sans, quietly sleeping on the bed, as he took out a lunchbox that he had brought with it. He placed the other on Sans' bedside table after opening it, revealing two hot dogs topped off with some ketchup. There was also a side of fries as well. Dust smiled at it for a few seconds, before he went and opened his own lunch. A single serving of spaghetti, along with a hot dog served with some ketchup on top. It wasn't much, but he knew that he would be able to eat finish the platter of food. The room was filled with quiet slurping sounds, as Dust ate his lunch in silence.

 The room was filled with quiet slurping sounds, as Dust ate his lunch in silence

He couldn't see a thing.

It was as if someone had placed a blindfold on his eyes.

He couldn't feel anything.

Is this... how the afterlife feels like?

He tried looking around, trying to find even the tiniest speck of colour.

He couldn't find a thing.

After a while, he gave up. It must be destined for him to be alone.

Forever.

Just then, he remembered. He remembered the pain that shot through his bones. The blood, dripping down onto the floor. Dust's expression before his vision faded.

Dust.

He felt bad for leaving Dust alone.

Just then, he heard a voice. A voice that seemed familiar.

"hey sans, how are you today? hopefully you are feeling better than me today, since you can take a nap for as long as you wanted."

Dust?! Sans thought he was dead? What is Dust doing here, talking to him? He had so many questions in his mind. Sans continued to listen to Dust's rambling of his day. After a while, Dust's voice faded away.

He must have left to go home.

After listening to Dust, he felt even worse for doing what he had done.

However, Sans found himself looking forward to Dust's ramblings everyday.

Me: Says that I would on hiatus till December 1 2020

Also Me: *Publishes New Chapter On May 21 2020*

Soooooo I was bored during quarantine and this happened? It feels good to be back writing this, kinda missed it to be honest.

Also, we reached 600 followers while I was on hiatus! Thank you so much for all of your support even though I was on hiatus and I didn't update :( Love you all! <3

I might update the other books as well but it really depends cause I'm a huge procrastinator and also examssss and maybe writer's block. >:(

Anyways, next update for this? I have no idea. It might be tomorrow, next week, next month or even until hiatus ends. We'd have to see.

Also, any Boku No Hero Academia fans here? I'm in the fandom now after watching the anime. Also, freak Covid 19 for making the Heroes Rising movie delayed in my country until June >:(

Okay that's it bye.