Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Fight

Flashes of her images were playing in your head even when you sleep, your eyes squint as you try to open them. It stings from all the crying you did last night after tearing the posters on the wall of your room that now lies beside you while your hair scatters everywhere. You lay there awake but barely moving, you didn't want to. You didn't want to move and face the miserable truth again. 

But you did anyway, slowly, creating a crispy sound from the crumpled paper. You sat first, taking it all in, that you have yet to face another dreadful day. Your chest feels heavy like every morning when your sister died.

You stood up and picked every poster that lies destroyed on the floor and bed of your room. You put it in the trash bin before finally getting ready for your first day of school. Your house were quite dark even when it's morning, your parents are fast asleep, not even bothering to help you get ready for school.

It has always been like this since she died. Your house became gloomy, dark, dimmed and you could feel the coldness everywhere like someone took the light of your house. Like someone took your sister away from all of you. The house that should make you feel home only contains loneliness.

After grabbing an apple from the fridge, you went out silently and walk to the charnel house where your sister is. The old lady from yesterday was there again, sweeping off the freshly fallen leaves.

You greet her with a smile before you go ahead and pay your visit. There again, you saw her smiling face framed beside the urn. It's like you but with a bubbly personality.

"Hey, Kara. It's first day, today. I don't know if I'm feeling nervous. I don't. In fact, I feel nothing. I'll just surround myself again with people that only knows how to judge me and not bother to ever listen." You sighed, the blank expression in your face never leaves.

"Dad wants to kick me out. That made me feel pain. Mom's about to give up on me too. I know I need to move out soon before they threw me out on the streets. I don't want them to suffer whenever they see my face." You tried to make it sound as casual as possible but deep inside, you can feel yourself breaking.

The insides of your throat feels like clenching, it hurts. It hurts stopping yourself from breaking down every minute. You glance at your wrist watch as an excuse for your teary eyes.

"I'll be late if I stay here with you for too long but I wish I can. I wish I'll just stay with you forever. Don't worry, it won't be long." You smiled bitterly, "I'll go ahead now, Kara."

After stepping out of the charnel house, you saw a man standing in front of the old woman that's still sweeping. The man had white and gray hair, wrinkles were all over his face but that didn't stop him from smiling.

"Father Ramil." You recognized.

He looked at you and smiled widely, "Y/n." He greets back.

His hand hold a mug of coffee while the other is inside of the pocket of black slacks. "School starts today? I hope you have fun and find new friends. One you could trust and share all your feelings with." He said softly as he pat your head.

You only smiled at him, "I was looking for you yesterday. But you were in another town."

He nodded, waiting for you to speak. Father Ramil looks kind and immaculate with his tan skin, square face, narrow nose, wide smile and dimple. He always wore this white polo shirt and black pants every morning or whenever he's out of the church. It was as if his traits were all naturally and not hard earned through his seminary. He speaks of wisdom and always welcomes you with a warm smile. Somehow, that made you feel that you could trust in him.