Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Intimidating

You almost ran towards the charnel house just to see your sister's locker, only to see her locker plain and with no flowers inside it. You grip on the edges of the doorway of the charnel house as you sigh.

Who are you kidding? Kim Taehyung lives and studies at the other side of the city while you and your sister studied at the other side of it too, it's impossible for them to know each other.

He saw you already and you and your sister are identical twins, you have the same face. You're sure that he would've approach you the first time he had his eyes on you. He would recognize you at first sight but he didn't, he just stood there the moment he saw you. He didn't do anything, so maybe he isn't the boy your sister was talking about.

But why was he here? Who did he visit? The charnel house was far from your school and you're pretty sure he lives just around the area of your school, so what was he doing here?

Father Ramil said he knows everyone that visits the charnel house, does that mean he also knows Kim Taehyung? Possibly, because he's the governor's son. Maybe you can ask him who did Kim Taehyung visited here. But you didn't get any chance because he was busy talking to the choir and it was already getting dark so you just decided to go home.

Maybe to some you look lifeless, like a robot. Maybe everyone thought that you're pathetic and hilarious because your world is revolving around your sister that you killed. Because the moment she took her last breath, everything became about her. Everything aches inside of you and you just can't seem to let it all go. You can't seem to forgive yourself.

Of course, how can you forgive yourself when everyone thinks you're the one to blame? When everyone is blaming you. When nobody can ever forgive you. When nobody can ever forgive your brat self.

It kills you inside but it's alright, maybe it's the price you have to pay for killing your sister.

"Hey, are you listening? Y/n? Everyone's inside the gym already." Nayeon said, waving her hand near your face.

You blink fast as you focus on her worried face. "Are you okay? You don't seem fine today." She said.

You tilted you head, something is making Nayeon worry. And you can't seem to pinpoint it, you can't seem to understand what she's worried about as she look at you. Could it be that she's worried about you?

But why? She doesn't know you who are, she's only known you for three days and yet here she is in front of you with worry splattered all over her face. How can a stranger worry for someone like you?

"Are you...worried about me?" You asked her.

You saw how she seem to be at lost because of your question, the worry now gone. "Of course, I'm worried about you." She said.

"Why?"

A smile grew on her face, wide and flashing her bunny teeth. "What do you mean why? Friends worry for each other, don't talk alien on me, Y/n." She snorted as she lead you towards the gym.

You were flustered at what she said. She treats you as a friend even with the short time span that she knew you. She called you a friend when everybody doesn't want to associate themselves with you. Nayeon is a sweet girl and she also seems to be genuine.

But you can't bring yourself to fully trust her. Not yet. Because she can change if ever she knows what really happened to you and why you transferred here despite the distance of home and school.

"Oh, you didn't bring any water with you Y/n?"

You glance at her hand that hold a tumbler, you forgot to bring your tumbler with you when you went down from your room.