Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Crumble

Everyone's writing their essay for the subject, 21st Century Literature. All of your classmates had their heads down and eyes focused on their paper as their hand writes the words in their mind. The room was silent while your teacher roam around the aisles of your room back and forth.

You stare at the four corners of your room, within these walls, you're safe. You're classmates doesn't judge you, this is your safe haven for three weeks now. The issue about you is still circling around the campus but you try hard to ignore it even though your thoughts are slowing eating you.

Even though nobody knows that you can't sleep at night, afraid to be awaken in the middle of your sleep because you've dreamt about the accident. Nobody knows how life is so hard when you're alone. Nobody knows how hard it is everytime you blame yourself from all the things that's happening.

You eyes darted at the bottom of the door where a slight space from the door and the floor is made, a bunch of paper is slid in going inside your room. Everyone turned their head on the door, even your teacher turned to the door.

She walk towards it and pick up one piece of it. Her brows furrowed as she look at it then she turned to you, "Miss Y/n, I believe this is you?" She said turning the paper around and displaying it to the class.

It's a picture of you and your sister with doodles and names written and pointing at you. They drew knives in your hands and horns on your head, they wrote different names. But what made it worst was your sister, they drew a red line across her neck, the drew a dripping blood on her eyes.

They disrespected your sister.

You didn't reply to your teacher until she put it down. She sighed, "I'll dismiss the class early for today. I'll head to the guidance councillor to report this issue." She said.

When she turned and left the class that's when you sprint towards the door. You were mad, you were so full of rage because of what they did to your sister's image. You stopped in the hallways that had the flyers on the every corner of every wall. Flyers were also scattered on the floor.

You were ready to find Margo and fight her. You were so ready to finally bitch talk someone right now but Nayeon held your arm and pulled you back to your room. You saw your classmates heading out of the room and picking up the flyers one by one.

"What did really happen, Y/n? You have to tell me now because they won't stop spreading this about you, Y/n, not until you are destroyed." Nayeon insisted.

You shook your head, "I don't know, Nayeon. I don't know if I really killed her, but I'm blaming myself for her death. She was driving us for a concert when we met an accident. And she died, she died because of me." You broke into tears after finally telling a soul about this.

Nayeon wrapped her arms around you when she saw you sobbing and gasping for air. She held you tightly as she let your head fall on her shoulder.

"I want to talk to Margo. I want to tell her to stop this, to stop insulting my sister. I want to tell her that Taehyung and I are nothing! That Taehyung is my sister's boyfriend and not mine!" You said as you cry on her shoulder.

"Nobody knows but they were dating, they were dating when she died. Everything almost made me lose my mind but I found Taehyung! He understands me. He understand me."

"Shh, I might not know the whole story and I might not share the share the same pain but I understand, Y/n. I will understand you." She said as she caress your back.

"I want her to stop, Nayeon. I want her to stop doing this to my sister. She's already dead!"

She pulled back, she caress your hair away from your wet face. "Then let's tell her. Let's stop this and tell everyone the truth." She said then she pulled you out of the room.

At this point, you weren't thinking about Taehyung's opinion, you weren't thinking if he'd want this too, if he'd be glad you told everyone the truth, the only thing that's carved in your mind is your sister's peace. She shouldn't experience this when she already died. She shouldn't be disrespected by these strangers.

Nayeon burst in the cafeteria with you in tow. She was angry, her brows furrowed and her feet were stomping. The hallways were clear of the flyers now but students in the cafeteria had them glued in their hands.

Margo was laughing with her friends as she stood on top of a table. Her shoulders were shaking from the joy that she felt when she caused someone's pain and agony. Her curly strawberry blonde hair was kept in a high ponytail and she crossed her arms against her chest.

"Margo! You bitch." Nayeon bursts.

Margo rolled her eyes when her gaze settled on Nayeon's face. "Urgh, the popular girl that isn't in the elite group. Trying to defy us now?" She smirked.

"I don't care about your group, it's trash anyway. But I'll tell you to stop right now before you embarrass yourself." Nayeon said.

"Oh, yeah? Make me." She challenges Nayeon with her stare.

"Tell her the truth, Y/n." Nayeon pushed you forward, two feet away from Margo's table.

You look up at her while she looks down at you like some god. You were about to say something when you saw his strides. He took big steps and entered the scene, he grabs her by her arm and pulls her down the table.

"Get down from there, Margo." His voice was stern as he pull Margo's arm.

Margo went down from the table like she was being dragged by him. Her brows furrowed and you saw her struggle to get away from his grip as he pulled her near him like he's about to say something only the two of them should know.

But you heard them, "I won't let you ruin Kara's name or her sister's. She's already dead! Let her have her peace!" He grits his teeth as he let those words out of his mouth.

Kim Taehyung pushes the flyer in his hand to Margo's stomach making her flinch. "Took you long enough to protect your girl, Taehyung." She glared at him even though there's fear in her eyes.

"Stop pestering Y/n. The next time you do something like this I'll make sure your company will crumble." He growled.

Then he let her arm go, he turned and walk away from everyone with a dark face. Margo nodded at her friends and immediately they took every flyers they gave out from everyone. Guess she was frightened at Taehyung's threat afterall she's the heiress of the company that is threatened to fall.

You were still angry but Taehyung stopped you from causing further damage to the situation. You know Margo will never listen to you, her mind is focused on destroying you but with Taehyung, she will.

After that, you didn't see Taehyung again in your campus that day when you tried to find him to say thanks.

You waited for Jae Hyun to lock the doors of the coffee shop before leaving after your shift that day. It was still early and you've decided to shop for appliances for your studio flat since you had your first pay today.

Jae Hyun put the keys inside his pockets and clapped his hand. "Are you going home now?" He asked.

You shook your head, "I have to buy things first." You said.

"Shall I accompany you then?" He smiled, showing off his dimple. He wore a gray hoodie.

You hissed as you glance at your wrist watch, "Wouldn't it be a bother?"

He shook his head, "It's friday so I have some free time."

"Okay." You said as you both walk down the street hands inside the pockets of your jean.

You inhaled the night air, even after everything that happened that day, you still had the guts to buy things for your flat and you even have someone tagging along with you. You smiled thinking about the coffee shop.

Maybe working in that coffee shop was a luck for it became the place where you have no worries and a place where you interact with people that you know are mature and harmless.

But maybe misfortune is going in a vacation for a very long time that's why luck's about to barge in your door and take misfortune's room. And you don't know if you'll like it.