Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Survivor

Stuffy. The dinner tonight is stuffy. After months of avoiding your parents in the dining table to spare them from the pain they feel everytime they see you, you've finally ate dinner with them.

And its stuffy, uncomfortable and awkward. You're so careful with your actions, remembering how you angered your father a few days ago. The cut on the side of your lips is still healing and you don't want another one.

The silence of the table is unbearable, your mother had her eyes glued down on her plate while your father is obviously pissed. You glance at Kara's chair, her absence is obviously felt.

Your father finishes his food, gulping down his drink. "They gave the case back to me." He said before he gaze at you.

"Don't do anything stupid this time." He growled.

You look down, feeling down again. "Don't worry Dad, you got nothing to lose anymore." You said in a tiny voice.

"Because you already killed your sister." He said in bitterness.

For the first time after Kara's death, you felt annoyed for being blamed to your sister's death. "I already know that, you don't have to say it over and over again." You said.

You saw how his brows furrowed, his face started getting red and you saw your mother's hand grip her spoon and fork harder.

"Why? Are you getting tired of hearing it? You have to hear it over and over again until its stuck in your mind so you'll stop on killing others." He started to yell.

"How dare you complain? Your bratty attitude cost us your sister! I lost my child because of you."

"I am also your child, Dad." You said while conquering his angry gaze.

"I have forgotten that you're my child when you fucking killed your sister!" He said throwing the glass cup on the table.

It breaks in shards and flies in different directions. You shut your eyes in shock and you felt a piece of the glass cut your upper cheek. You tried to endure the pain and not wince.

You slowly opened your eyes and you saw your mother get up from her seat and went to your father who's charging towards you, ready to raise his hand at you again. You sat there frozen and waiting for the slap but your mother clings to his arm.

"Go to your room." She said as she struggle on taming your dad.

You nodded and run for it. Your cheek was bleeding and your heart hurts at what your father said but there's this slight satisfaction in your chest because you had a small voice to say what you want to say earlier, though it angered him more.

Nayeon was asking about it the next day but you laugh it away and told her that you cut it with a blade accidentally yesterday. She bought what you said but not Taehyung that's passing by the hallway.

He took your wrist and pulled you away from Nayeon. Nayeon was stunned, her hand flies to her mouth as her eyes widen. In the end, there's a smirk growing in her face then she waved her hand at you.

Taehyung stops when you reach an empty hallway, he held your jaw and turned your face towards his. He leans, staring deeply at your cut.

"How did you get this?" He asked like he did when he saw the cut on your lips before.

You pull away from his hold, "Dad was angry yesterday." You said simply.

"Does he really have to hurt you?" He asked, brows furrowing like this is also his problem.

You shrug, not making this a big deal. But he took your wrist again and pulled you in the infirmary. The nurse inside it was talking to the phone when you entered. Taehyung signalled to her that he needs the first aid kit, she only pointed it to him and continued talking to someone important.

Taehyung pushed you to sit on the edge of the bed as he took the first aid kit at the corner of the infirmary. He took a chair and put it in front of you. He starts to aid you.

You were in silence as you watch him put ointment on your cut. He's so close that you can see his long lashes perfectly, he's so focused on your wound that it makes you wonder about things.

He kept the first aid kit when he was done and you started to ask him, "Why are you doing this? Is it because I'm Kara's sister? You shouldn't feel any responsibility towards me."

He stopped moving, he put the first aid kit to where it was before. He had his back on you as you stare at him. You stood up and was about to approach him when he turned to you.

"This doesn't concern your connection with your sister. I just think that you shouldn't go through this, because you were also a victim of that accident. You're a survivor." He says.

"You're a survivor that's still suffering despite what you've been through." He took a step towards you until you're only a feet away.

You look up at him. He sees you as a survivor even though you've been dead inside all this time. He makes you feel alive, like you're still capable of living despite the darkness you're in. You smiled sadly at him, are you a survivor too, Kim Taehyung?

"Why don't we visit your sister?" He asked.

And so he lead you to his motorcycle parked inside the school grounds. He gave you this black helmet that is smaller than his. You glance at your uniform then to his motorcycle.

"You want me to ride that while wearing this?" You asked awkwardly.

He glance at your exposed legs and thighs then he took off his leather jacket, handing it to you after. "Tie it on your waist." He said.

You obliged, tying it to cover your thighs. He then got on his motorcycle wearing his helmet and folded it's stand. He waited for to climb on it, you held on his shoulder for assistance.

He glance at you as you sit behind him like he's making sure you're safe. He took your hand from his shoulder and lead it to his waist.

"Hold me." He said then he started the engine, speeding off.

Your hair flows with the wind as he drive smoothly. Your grip tightens whenever he speeds up but you know you were safe because you can see that Taehyung knows what he's doing. He knows his thing and you just have to trust him and let him do it.

He stop by a flower vendor and bought purple lilies. Then he went straight to the charnel house. He took of his helmet as you did, he got off and helped you get off too.

You went inside the charnel house and came face to face with Kara's locker.

"Do you miss her?" You ask after moments of silence.

"So much." He sighed.

"I do too. But why did you take me here all of a sudden?"

"I figured talking to your sister is your way of coping up with everything." He shrugged.

You look at him but he doesn't meet your eyes. You were both trying to hide your wounds that's too visible for the two of you. It's like you were both seeing the naked truth of each other.

"What about you? How do you cope up with everything? I know you're hurting." You said.

This isn't just about you anymore. This is also about him, he's also hurting and it's too unfair if your wounds are the only ones being healed.

"By doing this. I like it when you're coping up, Y/n. I'm breathing when you are, because we share the same pain." He said, this time he looks at you and his eyes shined.

Then you wondered, were you imagining or did you see a smile on his lips?