Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Reconciliation

Two weeks more and you're graduating, you're only completing your clearance and your rehearsals. Taehyung didn't go to school anymore after the two of you talked.

Maybe it was his last shot. Maybe that was your last shot. Maybe he already gave up and maybe you're the only one who wants to be with him.

Looking back, you always thought you'd graduate with him. But your lives took a turn and now he's gone.

"If you have no one to celebrate the graduation day with, you can join my family." Nayeon had offered but it was her celebration so you couldn't be there, it would be just awkward.

This kind of moments, you wished you were okay with your family. You wish that they'd go there with you. It's alright if they're cold, it's okay if they are not happy to see you, what matters is that they are with you on your graduation day.

If Kara's alive right now, you'd graduate with her. You would be so happy together and take dozens of pictures. But you'll graduate alone, you'll receive your diploma and medal alone.

"Have you chosen a Uni yet?" Nayeon asked.

You nodded, "I'll study at Korean University. It's quite expensive but I'll find ways to pay my tuition fee. You?"

"I'll be at Hankuk Uni. You know where you can find me." She grinned.

You stopped talking to her when you felt your phone vibrate in your pocket. You pulled it out and your mouth agape. Is this for real?

"What? What's wrong?" Nayeon asked when she saw you shocked at what's flashing on your phone.

You look up at her, "I-it's my father. My Dad's calling me." You almost jump at happiness.

Your tears started to form when you accepted the call. "Hello?" You answered.

"Y/n." You heard your father's exhausted voice and you became serious.

"Dad."

"Your mom is at the hospital. She wants to see you." He croaked.

You rush to the Seoul National University Hospital after receiving that call. It's been years since you last visited here, you hated this place because it only contains bad memories. You don't want another bad memory from this place anymore.

You were standing in front of your mother's hospital room, you look through the small window at the door and saw her sleeping on the bed with a dextrose in her hand. You saw your father standing near her bed, leaning on the wall, arms crossed and lowered head. He seems tired in his button down polo.

You slowly entered and you watch your father look up at you. "What happened?" You asked him.

He sighed, the fearsome image that he has was long gone, all you see is a tired man. "She fainted because of over-fatigue. She misses you, Y/n. And I'm sorry." He said.

You turn to your mother who was slowly opening her eyes now. She smiled weakly, "Y/n, come here." She said as she reach for you.

You slowly walk up to her and held her hand. You smiled sadly at her, "Hey, mom."

You sat at the edge of her bed while she held your hand tightly, softly caressing the back of it as she look at you.

"When I gave birth to the both of you everyone feared that I would risk my life or one of you, you came out first, you were crying so loud and everyone was so happy because the first baby was alive. But then when Kara came out she never made a sound, she was turning violet then and everyone was panicking inside the delivery room. We thought your sister was dead, and even with so much exhaustion and pain, I prayed to God, I prayed to Him so hard to make your sister live. And she did, but little do I know He'll only lend us a few years until He take back His angel again." You saw pain in her eyes, her voice weak but she wanted to continue her story.