Worried

"How are you doing?" Izuku asked Shinsou as he carefully sat down next to him on a hospital bench. The redness around the purple haired teen's eye's worried Midoriya. He could understand the other's pain though. Losing a father figure, someone who believed in you when no one else would.

"I just- it happened so fast. I wish, I wish I c-could've done s-something," Hitoshi trailed off as sobs ranked his body. Izuku quickly wrapped his friend in for a hug and pulled him in close.

"Shh, it's going to be okay. It'll be okay," Midoriya tried to calm down the other with soft hums as he slowly rocked back and forth with Hitoshi still in his arms. "I'll be right here for you. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere."

At that statement, Izuku felt the teen stiffen in his arms. Before he could ask what what wrong, Hitoshi surged up and connected their lips. Midoriya jumped back a bit in surprise but, Shinsou did't pull back. Instead, the teen just pushed himself even closer to Midoriya and deepen the kiss in the process.

After a minute or so, Shinsou pulled back and buried his head in Izuku's chest. "I'm sorry." He choked out as tears ran down his cheeks. Midoriya awkwardly patted his friend's hair and whispered soothing words until Yamada came back.

Later, when Yamada came and got Hitoshi, Midoriya let his emotions load. His bestfriend just took his first kiss while in pain because of his father. Wow, he never thought that would be a thing. Sadness and loneliness filled his heart as it clenched painfully in his chest. Midoriya figured that his should be mad. At Shinsou for stealing his first kiss without any emotion behind it. At the villains that put Aizawa in the hospital. But, for some reason, the teen just felt empty.

And sad.

With that feeling set dead in his chest, the green haired teen started to make his way home. Alone.

The next day, Midoriya woke up to the news that school was canceled. He took that as an invitation to have a lazy day and not get up from his bed. The feelings from yesterday were still ranked deeply in his head and heart. It hurt so much that everything just felt empty. It didn't make any sense. So Izuku did what he did best. Sleep off his feelings and hope that when he woke up, they would disappear.

Unfortunately, thanks to his mom, he wasn't able to do that at all.

"Izuku? Honey? Some friends are here to see you. They wanted to check in on you," Inko said through the door. Midoriya heaved a sigh as he slowly got up and pulled on some clothes that laid on the floor.

"Sorry honey, they seemed really worried. They're in the living room," Inko explained to her son. Midoriya waved off his mom and headed towards the living room. Before opening the door to the other room, the teen took a deep breath in and mentally prepared himself.

"Hey guys, what are you doing here?" Midoriya questioned in a soft voice as he stepped into the room. With slight disappointment he quickly realized that Hitoshi wasn't there.

"We got really worried. You never replied to our texts or voicemails. We decided to come and check in on you in person," Uraraka replied with a forced smile.

"Yeah dude! Can't just do something like that to us. We worry you know?" Kaminari said with a worried look on his face.

Midoriya took a seat across from his two friends and folded his arms as he leaned back against his seat. "Sorry, I just didn't want to talk. I still don't. If you two could leave that would be great."

Uraraka looked shocked at what the green haired teen had said. While Kaminari just nodded with a seldom expression. "I understand Midoriya, I just hope you know that we are here when you want to talk," The blond said standing up. "Let's go Uraraka."

"What? We can't leave! We came here to talk to Midoriya!" The brunette explained standing up.

"We can't force him to talk. Midoriya needs some time to himself, we have to respect that as his friends." Kaminari said, grabbing the female's arm and dragging her out of the room.

"Well, I guess. We'll see you at school then Midoriya. Please contact us if you need to," Uraraka said as she let the blond teen usher her out.

Izuku watched as the two left, his emotions flying all over the place. A part of him wanted his friends to stay, the other part was happy that they left. Everything felt off and Midoriya wasn't sure if he could handle other's emotions at the moment. It was too much, everything was too much. The kiss, the attack, the way Aizawa looked as blood trickled down his face. He wished the last few days were nightmares.

As he curled up on the couch with a blanket, he wondered how Shinsou was doing. His father was in the hospital, it probably felt like the world was crashing down around him. Why did he feel like this if Aizawa was Hitoshi's father and not his?

The teen felt fingers run through his hair as he drifted off to sleep.