Preparations

Midoriya glanced at his purple haired friend and blushed. It's been a few days since the USJ attack,(which is now being called the USJ incident), and the two haven't talked about the kiss. Granted, Hitoshi did kiss Izuku when he was emotionally weak. Maybe it was a mistake? A stress reliever? Something to ease the heartbreak of having a father nearly taken away from you?

Whatever it was, Midoriya was kinda glad they weren't talking about it. For starters, he wasn't sure if a romantic relationship was what he needed or wanted right now. So many things were happening at the same time. It seemed like there wasn't anytime for anything but school lately. As he got in position for another attack, the teen misstepped and ended up falling on his face as a string of bright yellow lightning went over his head.

"Yo, Midoriya! Better shape up! The sports festival is in a couple of days," Kaminari spoke in a teasing tone.

The green haired teen shrugged as he got up to his feet, "I'm not too worried about it. I barely have a gasp on my quirk as it is. I just hope I can improve by then."

"Your too humble! Making me and Shinsou look bad man!" The blond shouted in envy.

"Don't drag me into your little lovers spat. I'm just here to be noticed," Hitoshi replied as he finished his after workout stretches.

The group of friends were at Aizawa's 'training grounds', figuring out some new techniques to use during the sports festival. So far the training was going good. The only down side was that they had to figure it out on their own. Since Aizawa was busy setting up the sports festival, the trio couldn't train their quirk on one another without supervision. (Yamada-san didn't count as supervision. Apparently to Aizawa-sensei, having the voice hero train them wouldn't be good for anyone. So, Yamada-san just drove the group to the training grounds and would drive them home. It was understandable considering what happened not even a few days ago.) So, the group didn't really know how effective their new strategies would be.

"By senpai?" Midoriya joked, only to get a face full of dirt thrown by Hitoshi.

"Stop listening to trash music!" The purple haired teen scolded.

"Stop being a stick in the mud. Your no fun," Izuku stuck his tongue out on his best friend.

"Heh, you two argue like brothers. You guys have a good relationship," Uraraka praised the two from where she was taking a break, a water bottle in her hand. Midoriya and Shinsou blushed at the amount of attention they were getting from their friends. It must be hard to be positive all of the time.

"Okay little listeners! It's about time to go now! It's getting dark and your folks won't be happy at you for staying at so late." Yamada-san spoke up, interrupting the student's chat. At the kids groans the blond let out a laugh, "Don't worry kiddos! Feel free to come by tomorrow! It's just getting really late and I'd rather have you inside than outside." The hero smiled with a hint of strain.

Midoriya glanced to his side to see Shinsou sigh in what seemed like relief. The teen's eyes widen as he realized just why the two wanted to go home earlier than normal. He felt so stupid not noticing earlier. While he has been worrying over the accidental kiss they shared, Shinsou had been worried about something much bigger. And much more important. "Ah yeah, Yamada-san is right. We should get going, gotta have that eight hours of sleep!" The green haired teen smiled.

"Ah, your right about that Midoriya. We better sleep good for the next few days, keep up that stamina and all that stuff!" Kaminari shouted with a cheer. Shinsou looked at his best friend with a soft smile on his face, thankful that the green haired teen understood that situation. With the rest of the group on broad to leave a little early, they got to packing quickly. Leaving the site just as the sun began to touch the ground.

"Izuku? Aren't you back a bit early?" Inko questioned as she moved to greet her son in the doorway. The green haired teen stood in the foyer of the apartment with an upset expression on his face. Inko paused at her steps as she watched whatever thought finally processed inside his head. The woman jumped when tears suddenly started to leak from the teen's eyes. "Honey? Are you okay? What's wrong?"

Midoriya let out a loud sob in response as his body started shaking. Immediately the teen was pulled into his Mother's arms and hugged tight to her chest. Izuku hugged back, allowing his emotions to take over and drown in them. The past few days weighing down on him were finally coming to light. The idea of being strong in front of everyone finally broke him down. His chest hurt.

"You're okay now. Shh, it's okay Izuku sweetheart. You're with me now. Shh, calm down." Inko whispered to her child, rocking him back and forth as she did when he was small and crying because of scratches he would get from falling off the swings. She gently rubbed circles into the teen's back as a method to calm down the crying teenager. Inko started humming as Izuku's cries slowly started to soften.

After a few minutes, the calming techniques kicked in and Midoriya let his body relaxed against his Mother's. He slumped to the ground, falling out of his mother's grasp. Midoriya's back hit the wall as he let his body still from all movement. Inko watched her son with concern in her eyes, she rubbed her hands together with feet moving side by side as she waited for some kind of sign that her boy was okay.

"Mom," Midoriya whispered harshly. Inko hummed and moved closer to her son in response. "I'm in love with Shinsou." The green haired teen muttered, feeling his heart drain from all emotions as he finally said his darkest secret out loud. "I'm in love with Shinsou and he kissed me but he might've only kissed me because he's dad is in the hospital and he's hurting. We had to leave early because Aizawa-sensei might be getting out of the hospital today."

"Oh sweetie," Inko whispered as she gathered her son into her arms once more. She hugged him tight and closed her eyes, "Everything will be fine. I promise, when everything settles you can talk to Shinsou-kun about that kiss. For now just be his friend. But everything will be fine, I promise. You'll be fine, just let it hurt for right now. It's good to feel." Inko kept mouthing soft words to her son as everything around them sunk in.

Everything would be fine, because it had to.