Tricks

Midoriya took a deep breath as he tried to steel himself away from his nerves. The day so far wasn't really going to well. First of all, Shinsou had been avoiding him what seemed like all day. Midoriya felt like he could understand a little, AIzawa-sensei was finally back at school, just in time for the sports festival that was still taking place, but he was covered in bandages still. The teen couldn't imagine how seeing your dad like that could feel like.

So the teen decided to give his friend (?) some space. But it was very lonely. Not to mention how Kaminari kept talking to Shinsou and making the other laugh or smile about whatever was being spoke about. An ugly feeling grew into the teen's chest was he forced himself to look away from the scene. It wasn't fair, but at the same time he wasn't doing anything about it. Not to mention it wasn't the time to be thinking about feeling and such. This was the time to prove to everyone that he could and would be a hero. That he wasn't fragile that he could achieve his dreams. He needed to focus.

"Midoriya," A voice called. Said teen blinked and found himself staring at a duo-haired teen. Todoroki, his brain helpfully supplied. "I'm going to beat you." Todoroki continued. Midoriya could feel all of his classmates eyes on him and felt himself becoming flushed from the attention. "I am stronger and more powerful than you, but you have Aizawa in your corner right? I don't know why our teacher seems to protective of you, but I'm going to beat you."

The green haired teen swallowed and licked his lips before replying, "We're all going to give it our all today. I won't back down that easy, Todoroki!" The taller teen just stared at him for a minute longer before walking away. Izuku caught Shinsou's eyes before quickly looking away. I won't back down that easy.

--------------------

"And here we are at the UA Sport's Festival!" Present Mic yelled into the microphone. "This time it's the first year's go are battling it out to be on top!! The first thing we have is the obstacle race! With vicious stops in between! Let's start by having the first year's representative say a few words before we began!" The voice hero excitedly shouted into the microphone.

"Ekhem!" Midnight coughed into her hand, "Wait your turn buddy!" She warned the blond, waving around her whip for the audience to see. Loud cheers exploded from the stands at the sight of the 18+ hero. "Yes, yes, it is me! Excuse my late presence, I was busy with something." Izuku could swear he hear someone yell, 'She pushed me down the stairs!' But he couldn't be sure. "Now! Let's call up this year's class representative, Bakugou Katsuki! He placed first in the entrance exams and shows no sign of stopping!"

Midoriya watched as the blond walked up to the stage and seemed to be staring everyone in the stands down. A breath was heard then, "I'm going to take first place." Immediately everyone started to shout at the teen with anger. Izuku almost felt bad for the blond but didn't know what to do. After all, they weren't friends and they probably weren't ever friends. Besides, Bakugou could handle himself.

With that thought in mind, Midoriya stood up a bit straighter and put on his game face. He needed to get first place. At least try to. The crowd of students held their breath as they waited for the buzzer to go off, to start the race.

"Ready? Set, go!" Midnight yelled with the loud noise following her voice.

All of the first year's swiftly ran through the entrance of the race and started to make their way to the first obstacle. They didn't have to run for long as only a few feet away from the fastest runners, was a gang of robots waiting for the students. As soon as Midoriya pushed himself through the front lines, a thick sheet of ice froze everything at it's tracks, causing everyone else to stop and see if it was another trick.