Chapter Thirteen

Bella’s POV:

I was at home and decided to make myself a strawberry smoothie because I was really thirsty. After I made that I jumped on the couch and grabbed the t.v remote and began flipping channels. After I noticed nothing good was on I decided to call Jai asking how long he is going to take because it’s been 2 hours after I reached home and he isn’t here.

No messages from Jai. That’s weird I decided I should give him a call just to make sure.

“The number you are trying to reach is not available. Please try again later.” The annoying operator said and went straight to voicemail.

He’s cheating on you, again.

Oh shut up brain, his phone is probably dead or they are still watching the movie, no biggie he will come home eventually.

I was petting Mr.Fluffy as he was sleeping on my lap as I was still waiting for Jai but something told me he had forgotten and just went home, which is cool.

I began thinking about Mr.Fluffy until I got disturbed by a phone call.

I immdeitally picked it up thinking it was Jai but it wasn’t.

“Sorry to bother you Bella, but I got the result of the test and thought it would be best to tell you soon as possible.” Dr.Glenn said.

“Is he okay?” I worried.

“ It’s happened again but this time it’s worse and too late so we won’t be able to fight it and heal him. He could pass out any minute now, I’m sorry.” He said and his voice seemed as if he was struggling.

I froze, no this can’t be happening. Mr.Fluffy has been like my little sibling to me and my listener buddy since I was 13 and he isn’t going to die so young. Tears formed into my eyes as I looked down at Mr.Fluffy on my lap and couldn’t let him die.

Some people might think I’m over reacting but you get emotionally attached to your pet that it’s like your best friend, but Mr.Fluffy was family.

“ Not even the shot? W-what about the medicine?” I asked trying to fight back the tears.

“There’s no point in giving the medicines so you may return them whenever, I’m so sorry Bella.”

I thanked him and hung up. Mr.Fluffy has gotten cancer, again.

I pet Mr.Fluffy letting the tears storm down my face knowing that no one can judge me and I can have some alone time even though I wished that I had someone with me to comfort me but there wasn’t

“I’m so sorry Mr.Fluffy, but remember me when it’s time for you to go because you were my best friend and I wish I was yours too. Thank you for listening to my boring life problems which weren’t so interesting.” I sobbed talking to my sleeping cat.

My phone rung and I checked the phone and it was Caller ID. I controlled my crying and took a deep breath.

“Hello?” I sniffed.

“Bella? Are you okay?” Jai said.

“Jai?” I asked confused.

“Yeah, sorry my phone was dead so I called on letting you know that I’m going to be sleeping at Ruby’s tonight to just hang out since it’s been years since we haven’t.” He said.

I was iffy about it because I didn’t trust Ruby but I trust Jai and I know he loves me so I shouldn’t be worried even though I really need him right now he has his own life to worry about as well. They are best friends anyways and I wouldn’t want to come inbetween that.