A Worthy Death

Your a high ranked soldier with a k9 partner, today you have a dangerous raid. You'd been getting reports in recently, of a terrorist group over taking a refuge camp a few clicks from your base, so as your captain and good friend, Sargent Ace commanded the raid will happen at midnight. You walk back to your bunker where your best friend waited for you. As you enter your small room, a large Malinois jumps up from your bed and runs over to you.

The wagging dog jumps up on you licking your face all over, "Exley! Down boy!" You giggle, scratching the beasty black dog as he sits beside you obediently. For a Malinois , he was a spectacular dog, he was large with his jet black coat, and bright yellow eyes that sparkle with adoration towards you. He had been your best friend since you saved him as a puppy from puppy mill thugs, he was the runt and was going to be killed because of his size as well as color. They wanted brown and black Malinosis not black, they "didn't sell well".

*Flash back*

You were walking home to your small apartment you could barely afford, you sigh before some yelling caught your attention from the alley, beside your shitty apartment building. You turn grabbing your knife from your back pack, as you slowly walked into the alleyway to make sure someone wasn't getting jumped. You see two men yelling and cussing at a street drain? "Man the boss isn't gonna be happy! This is your fault you big idiot!" The smaller skinny man yelled at a large beefy man. "I didn't mean too n who you calling idiot! I'll kick your ass for ya!" The large man yelled, you were trying to figure out what was going on when a black blur ran from the drain to you hiding between your legs, shaking like a leaf.

You yelped in surprise at the small creature that ran to you for safety when you realized it was nothing other than a small puppy. You scooped the small pup up only to hear the two men call out to you in a dangerous tone, your yelp alerted them that you were a witness to them. "Come'on be a good little girl n give us the pup." The small man said as he stalked towards you. You start backing away slowly as the large man stepped towards you too, you held up your knife glaring at the two men. "Back off. Why do you want it." You demanded coldly, and the small man grins evilly, "Why little girl he isn't meant to live." He says with a evil raspy voice.

You narrow your eyes, you knew it they were gonna kill this small pup. "Let me take him." you offered as you still backed away slowly stepping out onto the sidewalk of the street. The large man laughed at you, "Nah guess we'll just take you too." he stated and he lunged at you snatching the puppy from your hand. You punched him in the face, he only laughed to you pissing you off.

You then lunged at him slicing his wrist that held the pup causing him to yell in pain dropping the small puppy. He growled and tried to catch the small dog as it fell but you were quicker catching the small pup and kicking the skinny man in the face. You then took off running towards the police station, pup in one arm and knife in the other.

You skidded into the police station all sweaty and panting, you can see the two thugs pissed that you were now safe throw the glass wall. You laugh like a child teasing someone and hold up the one finger salut to them along with the puppy too. Your little victory dance is interrupted by a tall man standing at the police station desk who cleared his throat, he was dressed in a military outfit looking at you confused with his arms crossed.

He had dark brown, shaggy hair, that lightening as fell down to frame his handsome face. His dark green eyes stare at you confused as you stand there, slightly frozen from embarrassment at your childish antics, even though you could of died two minutes ago. The woman behind the desk was in mid motion of handing the man some papers, she looked equally as confused as the military man, also frozen in place from your abrupt entrance. "Oh... uh sorry.. hehe I was being chased by some thugs..." You say nervously as you scratched the back of your head.